The average amount of time that must occur between two periods is 28 days. However, you might also get your periods within just 14 days from the previous one, but this does not mean that there is something wrong with you.
Some women can have a 2-week menstrual cycle as well. For some, it can be on a regular basis, while for others, it can be a temporary problem. If you experience any sudden change in this cycle, then you need to visit your doctor immediately.
If you have had two periods twice in a month, right from the time you hit your puberty, then this is not at all an issue.
But if all of a sudden you start getting two periods in a month, then this can indicate the reasons that we have mentioned in this article.
In this article, we have listed the causes on why periods can occur twice in a month. So, read further to know what it means when you have 2 periods in one month.
1. Changes In Weight:
Weight loss or weight gain can cause irregularities in menstrual cycle. For some women, it could result in a much longer cycle, while for others, it could be a shorter menstrual cycle - even a two-week cycle.
2. Thyroid Problems:
Low thyroid function is also linked to vaginal bleeding in between periods. The two main hormones that control your menstrual cycle are progesterone and oestrogen. These hormones are produced by the thyroid gland, which is why thyroid issues are linked with irregular periods.
3. Change In Contraceptives:
A change in contraceptives can cause bleeding two weeks after the last period. If you have just stopped using the pill or changed your type of contraceptive pill, then you might experience bleeding in between your periods. This is the reason on why your periods occur twice in a month.
4. Uterine Fibroids Or Cysts:
Uterine fibroids can cause heavy bleeding with blood clots in between periods. This bleeding is often mistaken for periods, as it lasts as long as regular periods do or can also contain blood clots.
Higher levels of stress have been linked with irregularities in menstrual cycle. It is unlikely that stress alone can give you periods after just two weeks, but is one of the contributing factors. This is one of the reasons for getting your periods twice in one month.
Sexually transmitted infections like chlamydia and gonorrhoea can cause inflammation of the uterus. This can cause menstrual periods that are abnormally frequent.
- Can Irregular Periods Cause Infertility? How Can It Be Treated?
- What Is A Normal Period? 5 Signs Of Period Troubles That Tell You Should Visit A Doctor
- Beetroot Juice For Preventing Menstrual Cramps
- 10 Amazing Foods That Fight Period Pain
- How To Get Rid Of A Pad Rash Fast: 10 Home Remedies
- What Happens When You Exercise During Your Period
- What Causes Endometriosis?
- 10 Foods Not To Eat During Periods
- Tips To Take Care Of Your Skin During Period
- If You Have These Period Symptoms, Then You Might Have These Health Problems
- Why You Have Food Cravings On Your Period?
- The Age At Which You Get Your First Period Says A Lot About Your Lifespan & Health