- 6 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 9 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 10 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 11 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Vomiting is a very common problem that all of us have faced at some point of time or another. As kids we have often puked due to various reasons. Even as adults we tend to vomit when we suffer from indigestion, stomach infection, anxiety, etc.
Today in this article we shall discuss certain things about vomiting that most people do not know.
Also Read: Home Remedies To Avoid Vomiting
Vomiting can prove to be fatal at times. You can treat vomiting by drinking clear fluids and taking a lot of rest. Over the counter medicines are also available. However, if your vomiting does not stop even after four to five hours, rush to the hospital to get intravenous fluids or you could end up with dehydration that can cause serious threat to your life.
Some people end up vomiting when they have a panic attack. These people often get a panic attack when they see other people vomiting, when they are in the company of ill people or when they feel uncomfortable about themselves in the company of others. This is a serious issue and needs to be treated properly.
Sometimes vomiting is seen to be a good symptom. When pregnant women vomit in the first trimester, it is seen as a good sign as these women have lesser chances of miscarriage. This kind of vomiting is caused due to change in hormone levels. In people who are not pregnant, vomiting is a way of flushing out toxins from the body.
When you vomit, watch the colour of your vomit. If the colour of your vomit is reddish or blackish in colour or if it looks like a red jelly, then you are vomiting blood. Be careful. Rush to your doctor immediately to get yourself checked.
Vomiting is not always a result of stomach infection. In children, vomiting can be caused by migraine or strep throat. Your doctor will be able to guide you on that. In adults, vomiting is often seen as a result of intestinal blockage.