- 4 hrs ago What Are The Reasons Behind Your Frequent Headaches?
- 11 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 13 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 14 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- Sports MS Dhoni retires: A timeline of Mr Ice Cool's illustrious career
- Movies Indraneil Sengupta Reacts To Backlash He Drew For Calling Barkha ‘Neighbours Envy, Owner’s Pride'
- News Biden promises to reform H-1B visa system, eliminate country quota for Green Cards
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
The usual way of checking if you have some kind of a vitamin deficiency is by doing a number of blood tests. These are usually shown as signs if you're deficient in some nutrients. These signs may be visible on the body or on the face.
This article deals with checking out if you're deficient in any of these nutrients without undergoing any tests, that is by observing signs on the face. It is all about a close observation of your face which will reveal everything.
Eating the right kind of balanced, whole foods will give your body more than the additional nutrients that are required. Even if you eat well, certain factors can affect the absorption of nutrients in your body.
Age and certain health conditions like digestive issues can affect the absorption of nutrients in the body. Nutrient deficiencies can be very sneaky sometimes and you will have to be in constant vigil of it.
The place where you need to begin by observing the signs of nutrient deficiency is your face. Your face reflects certain signs of nutrient deficiency that you can find out by mere observation.
1. Pale Complexion:
If your face gets paler day by day, it means you lack in vitamin B12. Some of the other symptoms include memory problems and fatigue. Consuming more fish and organic meat will help in this case. This is one of the top reasons for pale complexion.
2. Bad Hair:
If you observe that your hair has suddenly turned very dry, brittle and full of dandruff, then you might have a Vitamin B7 (biotin) deficiency. This usually happens if you take a lot of antibiotics, which destroys the intestinal bacteria that synthesise biotin. Eating more biotin-rich foods like mushrooms, egg yolks and cauliflower can help.
3. Puffy Eyes:
Puffy eyes and bloated legs can be a symptom of iodine deficiency. Other signs are dry skin, weight gain, brittle nails. Including fish and iodine-rich vegetable in your diet will help. This is one of the signs of nutrient deficiency that can be seen on face. This is the main reason for puffy eyes.
4. Pale Lips:
Pale lips and gums indicate lack of iron. These symptoms are more visible in women than in men. This iron deficiency can be corrected by including more spinach in your diet.
5. Smooth Tongue:
Smooth tongue is a symptom of Vitamin B12 deficiency. This can be corrected by including lean meat in your diet.
6. Tender Or Bleeding Gums:
Bleeding or tender gums indicate lack of vitamin C. Its deficiency can also cause health problems like muscle ache and scurvy. Eating Vitamin C-rich foods like citrus fruits and berries can help. This is one of the main reasons for bleeding gums.