- 1 hr ago Nora Fatehi’s Stunning Golden Dress And Funny Expressions Leaves Fans Smitten
- 2 hrs ago Most Common And Overlooked Hair Mistakes That Cause Breakage
- 2 hrs ago Amyra Dastur Looks Radiant In Her Red Kurta Set At The Airport; Carries Her Purse Smartly
- 2 hrs ago Maisie Williams Aka Arya Stark’s Latest Dior Look Plus Two More Edgy Outfits Of Hers Decoded
- Movies M S Dhoni To Produce Mythological Sci-fi Web Series; Sakshi Dhoni Reveals Details
- News Amit Shah compliments successful test-firing of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
- Automobiles MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- Sports Beer on Muslim cricketer controversy: Essex, captain Tom Westley issue apology to Feroze Khushi
- Technology Vivo X50e 5G With Snapdragon 765G Goes Official: What Are The Highlight Features?
- Finance SBI Customers Can Check Balance, View Passbook Without Logging In SBI YONO App: Here's How
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
- Education Shekhar Kapur Appointed As President of FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII
Many of us are in the habit of moving and talking while eating. Well, this is a very bad practice. From age-old times we have heard and seen our grandparents sit peacefully while eating without uttering a single word.
This not only enhances the taste of the food but is also beneficial for our health. Moving while eating can lead to several digestive ailments and make you feel sluggish and sick.
So it is not only important to eat healthily but is equally important to maintain proper eating habits. This practice of moving while eating is mostly seen among individuals working in an office.
It is their hangout time to mingle with colleagues, share food and use walking as a distraction from the boredom of sitting down for long hours in the same office chair.
All well, but walking during eating is not a viable option considering the effect it will have on your health.
You can take short breaks in between work, but while you have your lunch, it is advisable to sit peacefully and enjoy it with your colleagues and family.
Nowadays, the buffet system of serving food is prevalent in any occasion. In such a case have your platter full and search for a sitting arrangement to enjoy your meal.
Let us now look at some of the consequences of moving while eating.
1. Stomach Acidity:
When we eat food, it passes down the food pipe into the stomach for digestion. This is a rigorous process with every bite that you take. But if you constantly move while eating the process of digestion gets disturbed, and as a result, you experience heartburn and acidity, accompanied by nausea.
Indigestion is a common problem faced while you eat on the go. This is because the food particles are not properly broken down and remain in the intestine. This results in sluggishness, acidity, indigestion, and a lot of other problems. So it is advisable to sit peacefully while consuming your food.
3. Stomach Bloating:
Indigestion often leads to stomach bloating and is accompanied by vomiting, nausea and constipation. A person starts feeling uneasy and often suffers from abdominal pain. So, if you are getting late for office and thinking of grabbing an apple on the go, then beware because for the rest of the day your stomach is going to make you suffer a lot.
4. Increased Bladder Activity:
It is seen in most individuals that they have coffee or tea while walking and conversing or while driving. It might seem healthy to drive and sip coffee but it induces an increased bladder activity. Your urge to pee increases as a result of the caffeine. Also, it can even lead to acidity and stomach bloating.
If you have been experiencing nausea quite often, then it can be due to your moving activity while eating. The food that we consume is designed to produce energy to boost up our body functions. But if the stomach is not given adequate rest then it can lead to adverse health problems.
Nausea is mostly seen if a person drinks warm milk or protein shake in a hurry. This is because it requires time for the body to digest them and break down. If the body is engaged in some other activities, then it cannot fully concentrate on the food, and as a result, it leads to a puckish feeling.
6. Gas Formation:
Gas formation is a common problem associated with indigestion and bloating. It can make you feel uncomfortable and sluggish. In adverse cases, gas formation leads to severe chest pain and even mild strokes. So if you are one of those who is inclined towards drinking carbonated drinks and caffeine while travelling, then this problem might be a serious health hazard for you.
7. Eat More:
Another important aspect of eating while moving is that a person tends to eat more. He/she fails to keep track of the appetite level and keeps munching down the food while engaged in deep conversation. This will inevitably lead to a bloated stomach due to overeating and add on extra kilos to your waistline.
So these are a few problems associated with rushing while you are eating. So to have a healthy lifestyle, maintain a proper diet along with peacefully munching down your food to avoid indigestion and its associated problems.