- 50 min ago Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish Wins Big And Here Is A Look At Her Rebel Fashion Game
- 2 hrs ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 4 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 6 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Movies RIP Kobe Bryant: Rishi Kapoor Shares Son Ranbir Kapoor's Fan Moment With Basketball Legend
- News How China's deadly virus is sending shockwaves through Asia's tourism industry
- Sports Bumrah, Rabada best bowlers around; Kohli, Smith best batsmen: McGrath
- Technology Motorola Razr 5G Might See The Light Of Day But Not In International Markets
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Forget wet-wipes and hand gels, campers could soon have a portable sink to carry wherever they go and clean off mud, dirt and sweat in a proper manner.
The special basin, called "PODSINK", was designed by Max Wilson, a student at Birmingham City University in Britain.
It was created from a frame of fibreglass tent poles and a sink formed from Ripstop Nylon fabric that is thin, waterproof and durable.
"All of my life I have been a camper and spent many a summer in a caravan. So I have always had a connection with the concept of camping and have been interested in creating a product like this for a long time," said Wilson.
The product uses a collapsible tripod system to mount a fabric sink basin above ground level, which can be used to clean hands or alongside a sponge and shower gel to form a makeshift body cleaning system.
The "PODSINK" was first unveiled at Birmingham City University's Inspired Festival.
It is intended to remove the need for wet-wipes and hand gels to form a temporary hygiene solution in the absence of sinks or showers and to become a mainstay of campers alongside tents, wellies and campfires.
With Inputs From IANS