If your thirst quencher is a soda, then you really need to rethink on your choice. And if you are specifically trying to maintain your weight, then a soda bottle is a big no-no.
A recent finding revealed that participants who avoided drinking one can a week of soda, gained a pound less than those who made no change to their beverage consumption.
The study also found that women who increased their soda intake by one serving per week noticed a 0.66 percent increase in their weight, when compared to those who made healthy changes.
When it came to those women who drank a can of this drink every day, their weight hiked up to an average of about 2.2 pounds. It also added width to their waist.
These findings suggest that consuming soda is in no way going to make wonders for your health.
Some people even admit to drinking more soda than water each day or no water at all. Even moderate consumption of soda can turn out to be very dangerous.
A single can of soda contains the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar. Soda also contains phosphoric acid that interferes with the body's ability to absorb calcium and can hence lead to osteoporosis.
It contains aspartame, which is a substitute for sugar and can be even more harmful. It can cause different health problems like seizures, multiple sclerosis, brain tumour, diabetes and emotional disorders.
Sodas also contain caffeine that has been linked with certain cancers, breast lumps, irregular heart beat, high blood pressure and other problems. Sodas also contain high fructose corn syrup that has been genetically modified. This can cause a variety of long-term health problems.
There is absolutely no nutritional value in soda and not even a single positive benefit can outweigh it. Because of the high sodium, sugar and caffeine content, it can dehydrate the body over a long period of time and can cause chronic complications in the body.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is How Rahul Gandhi Reacted When Asked About The Farm Loans Waiver
- IPL Auction 2019 — Live Updates
- Lambretta Scooter India-Launch Details Out — To Be Fully Electric, Yet Classy
- NDCP To Offer 4 Million Jobs To Indians In Telecom Sector — Manoj Sinha
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack