Your mouth is a home for nearly 500 different species or types of micro organisms. And when the harmful bacteria dominate, dental issues like periodontitis, gingivitis and plaque may occur.
Regular brushing and flossing are the basics of oral hygiene. But you need something else to keep your mouth and teeth clean. Mouth wash can help. But most of the products are expensive and they also contain harsh chemicals.
Also Read: Prepare Your Own Mouth Wash Recipe
Is there any natural method that is anti-bacterial? Here is a method which can help in preventing cavities and bad breath.
You will need baking soda, salt, hydrogen peroxide, toothpicks and a toothbrush.
In a small vessel, take half a teaspoon of salt and mix it with a tablespoon of baking soda.
Also Read: Can Mouthwash Treat Dandruff?
Take warm water in a cup and dip your toothbrush in it and leave it for 3 minutes.
Using your toothbrush, smear the mixture of salt and baking soda on your teeth and brush gently.
Mix a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in a cup of warm water and swish it for a minute before spitting.
Use the toothpick to gently clear the tartar around the teeth. Wash your mouth using cold water.
Also Read: How To Clean Your Tongue
Practice 'oil pulling' on a regular basis as it helps as a preventive measure. Brush your teeth twice a day. Following these steps can keep your teeth clean, white and healthy.
- How To Maintain Oral Hygiene With These 6 Tips
- Here Are The 8 Foods You Can Eat With Braces On Your Teeth
- 10 Worst Habits That Can Wreck Your Teeth
- 5 Socially Embarrassing Health Issues
- 10 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Seeds
- 10 Silent Signs Of Gum Disease You Must Never Ignore!
- 12 Natural Toothache Remedies To Keep Your Dentist Away
- 10 Homemade Remedies To Whiten Teeth
- 10 Foods That Are Extremely Good For Your Teeth
- Gum Disease Can Cause This Serious Health Issue, Check It Out!
- What To Do When You Have Bleeding Gums?
- Oral Bacteria Can Affect Your Gut: Study