Too much of anything is poisonous no matter how healthy it is touted to be. The dosage of the particular food item can either make it a poison or a remedy.
To make things easier for you, we have listed some of the food categories and other items, which if consumed in excess can actually kill you.
Eating too much of certain foods or taking in any other item can turn them into deadly poisons.
Toxicologists have also proven that anything and everything in large quantities can become potentially dangerous for your body.
Here, we have mentioned about the overdosing of foods and other items that can kill you. Read further to know about the common food overdoses and certain items that are killer.
Chocolate contains a small amount of theobromine. This is known to be a powerful alkaloid that can stimulate the central nervous system. But if you eat 22 lb of chocolate in one sitting, it can firstly lead to nausea and diarrhoea. Then, it will cause an epileptic fit, internal bleeding, cardiac infarction and finally death!
2. Apple Seeds:
If you take out the seeds from 18 apples, smash them, chew them thoroughly and eat them, there is a possibility that you can die, as apple seeds contain cyanide.
3. Cherry Stones:
Crushing and eating just 3 cherry seeds or stones can lead to death as well.
Bananas contain potassium, an overdose of which can lead to death. But for this to happen you need to be eating 400 bananas in one sitting.
Half an ounce of coffee can turn out to be a lethal overdose. It is approximately 250 mL or 113 coffee cups in one sitting.
Each standard cigarette contains about 0.8 mg of nicotine. About 75 cigarettes can take you to the other world.
The fatal dose of marijuana is 1500 lb, smoked within 15 minutes or 48 lb when eaten at a time.
For a healthy man, a deadly dose would be 1.25 litres, which is about 40% alcohol, which would be 27 shots of 45 mL each.
Have you ever wondered if too much of water can kill you? The truth is if you drink three times as much water, your kidneys will not be able to process this much and get it out of your system. The result of this can be internal organ failure, brain oedema and respiratory arrest.
- Healthy Diet For Lungs: 12 Best Foods For Lungs
- Common Foods That Cause Heartburn During Pregnancy
- International Yoga Day 2018: What To Eat Before And After Practicing Yoga
- Here Are The Best Foods For Every Type Of Mood
- Here Are The 11 Best Foods To Eat At Night
- International Picnic Day 2018: How To Have A Healthy Picnic
- These 9 Superfoods Can Save Your Life
- World Environment Day: 10 Best And Worst Foods For The Environment
- 10 Worst Food Ingredients To Avoid Right Now
- 10 Best And Worst Foods For Acne
- How Long Will These 10 Foods Last In The Freezer?
- Baby Foods To Avoid In The First Year