- 2 hrs ago Besharam Bewaffa Promotions: Divya Khosla Kumar Gives Winter Fashion Goals In Her Super Cute Sweater Dress
- 5 hrs ago Horoscope 2021: Love And Marriage Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 02 December 2020
- 17 hrs ago Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Movies Sarpatta Parambarai: Arya Looks Intense As A Boxer In The First Look Poster Of His 30th Film
- News Pro-Khalistan groups being pushed by ISI to exploit farmers’ agitation
- Finance Reliance Industries Tops Fortune India-500 List For Second Year In A Row
- Sports India vs Australia | Sean Abbot plays his second ODI 6 years after his debut, marks turnaround
- Automobiles All-New Nissan Magnite Launched In India: Introductory Prices Start At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Technology Samsung Launches New Programs For Customers In India
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Fasting once a week is believed to be good for one's health, as suggested by several experts. However, one needs to understand that fasting is beneficial only when it is observed in a healthy way. And do you know the ways to observe fast in a healthy way?
If not, then, today in this article we will be explaining about a few of the best ways to observe fast in a healthy way. Shivratri is one of the biggest Hindu festivals which is celebrated all across the country with much fanfare.
There are several beliefs for observing fast during Shivratri. It is believed that one who observes this fast will have the blessings of Lord Shiva. A few women do it for the goodwill of their husband as husbands are considered as Shiva.
Also Read: Stories Associated With Shivratri
There are yet another group of people who observe this fast in order to control the two important natural forces that can affect human beings.
As fasting the whole day can drain your energy and make you weak, here are a few tips for observing healthy fast during Shivratri. Have a look.
1. Drink Plenty Of Water:
Water helps one to stay hydrated. When you are fasting, make it a point to drink lots of water as this will not just hydrate the body but it will also help in keeping one full.
2. Eat Fresh Juicy Fruits:
Barring a few, most people consume fruits while they fast during Shivratri. It is best to eat fresh and juicy fruits like oranges, strawberries and pomegranate as these are filled with nutrients. It helps in keeping one full and hydrated.
3. Avoid Eating Spicy Food:
If you are planning to fast during Shivratri, then eating spicy food the previous day should be avoided. This can cause acidity and stomach trouble.
4. Avoid Too Much Sugary Foods:
Avoid eating sugary foods a day before Shivratri as foods rich in sugar generally make you hungry.
5. Eat Nuts:
If you are allowed to eat nuts then it is always good especially when you are fasting. Rich in fibre content and other essential nutrients, nuts help in keeping the stomach full and provide energy.
6. Keep Yourself Busy:
You can call it a psychological instinct or otherwise, but if you keep yourself busy during the fasting time you will not even realize that you are hungry.
7. Avoid Rich Oily Foods After Breaking The Fast:
As soon as you break the fast avoid eating oily, rich foods. This will cause acidity. It is always good to break the fast with light and healthy foods.