TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Modak is an Indian sweet made of rice flour or corn flour with grated coconut and jaggery as stuffing. This is one of the well known sweets that is prepared especially during the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
Although, it is one of the delicious prasads that one yearns for, yet with the high level of health hazards especially if you are a diabetic patient, you always reconsider your decision before having modaks.
However, with modern methods of making modak, it can have health benefits too. Read on below to find out what health benefits modaks can have.
Instead of coconut and jaggery, you can make your modak stuffing with beet root, oats and fruit fillings. Further, you can steam them just like your momo and avoid fried modak. It is always a preferable option to using ghee instead of oil for frying.
Modak Filled With Nuts:
If you have modak filled with nuts and fruits, it will appease your desire and control your health. Nuts, as we know contain unsaturated fat, omega 3, rich in vitamin E which prevents the development of plaques in arteries and contains high fibre. With such high nutritious value opting for such a modak is a viable option.
Fruits Stuffed Modak:
Fruits are rich in vitamins, fibre, potassium and folic acid. Fruit stuffed modaks are healthy as they contain these valuable ingredients which equally help you to stay fit and active.
Oats Stuffed Modak:
Another method, you can also use oats as stuffing. A bowl of oats is a healthy breakfast option that one can have. Having such healthy ingredients automatically makes modak a healthy food. Oats are rich in antioxidants, controls cholesterol and contain beta-glucan fibre. So, if you are worried that you had a ghee fried modak and it can be alarming for your cholesterol rise and subsequently affect your heart, then you can relax, because oats automatically eliminate the risk of increasing your cholesterol level.
Beetroot Stuffed Modak:
Beetroot contains vitamin C that boosts your immune system, potassium that eases your muscle movements, manganese that strengthens your bones, keeps a check on your liver, kidney and pancreas. So with such high nutritious value, grated beetroot can be another option for your modak preparation this season.