Your 20s is a time when you experience new things, take on challenges, make mistakes and learn from them.
Hence, for these reasons, there is no better time than your 20s to ditch your bad habits. This will help you figure out a better track to lead your life hassle free.
Giving up damaging habits is a very difficult thing to do. These habits can be very damaging for our bodies and can become problematic overtime.
Thus, you need to be aware of these habits that can damage your health.
In this article, we have listed some of the habits that can damage your health. Read to know some of the everyday habits that can harm your health.
1. Preventing Yourself From Sneezing:
When you try to prevent a sneeze, the intracranial pressure will increase. This will disrupt the blood flow to the brain and the blood vessels, causing the nervous tissue to get compressed. This will lead to headaches, damage to the vessels and even hearing problems. This is one of the bad habits that can affect your health.
2. Using A Strong Perfume:
Perfumes primarily consist of synthetic substances that produce stronger scents. These substances can cause dizziness, nausea and drowsiness. It can also irritate the eyes, throat and skin. It is considered better to swap perfumes with essential oils.
3. Using Smartphones Before Going To Bed:
Artificial light can suppress the production of the hormone melatonin that regulates sleep and wakefulness. Low melatonin level can lead to depression, cancer, heart diseases and a fragile immune system.
4. Storing Food In Plastic Containers:
Plastic boxes contain artificial chemical substances like phthalate and bisphenol A that help to maintain their flexibility. If food is stored in plastic for a long time, then these substances can seep into the food. Consumption of these can affect the endocrine system. This is one of the habits that damages your health.
5. Brushing Teeth Right After Eating:
Foods or drinks that are acidic can have an effect on the enamel of the tooth as well as the layer below it (dentin). The movement of the brush tends to push the acid deeper and closer to the dentin. This can lead to sensitivity and also damage the enamel. Hence, this is one of the worst habits for your health.
6. Using Antibacterial Soap Often:
Many beneficial bacteria live on the surface of our skin and play an important role in protecting our skin. If we use antibacterial soap often, then we end up removing the good bacteria from the skin and the harmful bacteria can enter our bodies.
7. Wearing Tight Jeans:
Tight jeans often press on to the skin and nerve endings. This can cause a constant feeling of discomfort that can lead to problems with the nervous system. The reduced flow of air to the legs can also cause itching and tingling sensation, which makes the legs go numb. This is one of the everyday habits that can harm your health.
- 9 Worst Habits That Can Increase Cholesterol
- Worst Skin Habits You Should Definitely Avoid
- 10 Tips For Healthy Eating Habits To Get You Started
- These Are The Best Eating Habits To Lose Weight Fast
- 10 Things That You Need To Start/Stop Doing To Avoid Bad Breath
- 10 Habits That Can Seriously Damage Your Kidneys
- 10 Beauty Habits That Are Prematurely Ageing Your Skin
- Ladies! Do These Things Immediately After An Intercourse
- Simple Healthy Habits To Be Followed From Your 20s
- Everyday Items/Habits That Can Make You Sick If You're Not Maintaining Hygiene
- Avoid Doing These Things Immediately After A Workout
- Things You Should Never Do After Eating A Meal Or Snack
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Apricots