- 1 hr ago Valentine's Day 2023: Are We Forging Relationships Under Pressure, Saying Things About Love That Aren't True?
- 2 hrs ago World Cancer Day: Types Of Common Cancer Reported In Indian Children; Can It Be Prevented?
- 3 hrs ago Mahashivratri 2023: Dreams Related To Shiva During The Time Of Mahashivratri: What Do They Signify?
- 4 hrs ago Aditya Hrudayam: Chanting Procedure, Benefits, And Associated Astrological Remedies
- Technology Nokia C31 vs Samsung Galaxy M04: Comparison
- News Assets of P Chidambaram's wife Nalini, others attached in Saradha money laundering case
- Sports Growth of fast bowlers in India has been unbelievable: Roelof van der Merwe - Exclusive interview
- Travel Enjoy The Lake Life In Andhra Pradesh With These Most Beautiful Lakes
- Finance Market Turmoil Due To Fall In 'Adani' Group Shares 'Storm In Tea Cup' From Macro Eco View Ooint: Fin Secy
- Education UGC NET December Exam 2022: Exam City Intimation Link will be available soon; Check Details Here
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Fans Praise Priyanka Choudhary For Not Complaining Despite Face & Hand Bruises In Torture Task
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny Bags More Than 15,000 Bookings – Longer Waiting Period Expected
Have you ever been advised by your doctor or parents to stop eating too many sweets on a daily basis? Well, if yes, then there is a good reason behind it because consuming excess sweets can be unhealthy.
Similarly, there could be a number of things that we do on a regular basis, that may not be healthy for us at all, some of which we know and some of which we may do without realizing.
As we know, health is one of the most important assets a human can have, because without good health, we may not be able to live in peace.
Many a times, certain diseases affect us, even if we have been following a healthy lifestyle, by sticking to the right foods and following a regular exercise regime.
So, obviously, our chances of being affected by diseases multiply, when we follow certain habits which can harm our health.
Here is a list of common habits that even doctors advice us to avoid.
1. Holding Urine
Controlling the urge to pass urine and holding it in can cause a number of issues like UTI, bladder infections and even genital infections in both men and women.
2. Constant Gum Chewing
If you are someone who likes to chew on gum all the time, you might want to stop because experts have linked this habit to the development of stiffness and pain in the jaw bones.
3. Nail Biting
Nail biting is an extremely nasty and unhealthy habit that could cause a number of stomach ailments and infections, as the dirt accumulated in your nails can get into your system!
4. Not Flossing
Not flossing your teeth on a regular basis can let the tiny food particles remain in between your teeth, even if you brush, causing cavities and gum infections.
5. Constant Computer Use
Working on a computer continuously for more than 6 hours can not only cause eye problems, but also other ailments like stress and high blood pressure.
6. Sitting For Long
If you are someone who likes sitting down for more than a couple of hours, without moving, then you could be at the risk of developing obesity, arthritis and heart diseases.
7. Wearing The Wrong Shoes
If you are wearing shoes which are too loose, tight or come with high heels, on a regular basis, you could be putting your legs and back at the risk of serious damage.
- oral careOral Care: Should You Brush Your Teeth Before Or After Breakfast?
- oral careExpert Article On Loose Teeth: When Should You Be Worried About Your Shaky Teeth?
- oral careExpert Article: Say Goodbye To Yellow Teeth With Teeth Whitening
- oral careExpert Article: What Are Tooth Implants? When And Why You Should Get Them
- oral careExpert Article: Teeth Cleaning And Polishing - Myths And Facts
- wellnessWorld Oral Health Unified Week: How Does Frequent Vomiting Affect Oral Health? Ways To Prevent Teeth Damage
- kidsKnow About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- disorders cureDoctors Remove 82 Teeth From Teenager Due To Rare Tumour Complex Odontoma, Know More
- prenatalPregnancy Gingivitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Other Details
- wellnessEat Right To Keep Your Teeth Strong And Healthy
- wellness40 Best Superfoods To Maintain Oral Health
- disorders cureTeratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment