- 4 hrs ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 7 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 8 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 9 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- Movies From SRK To Kangana Ranaut, Celebs Mark 150th Birth Anniversary Of Gandhi With ‘Change Within’
- News Choppers, drones, 3 lakh personnel: Maharashtra turns into a fortress ahead of polls
- Sports Premier League Review: Alli saves Spurs as Chelsea and Leicester City march on
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
The moment you hear of pepper the first thing that comes to your mind is that it is a spice that adds flavour to your cuisines. It isn't just this, black pepper is one of the best known kitchen ingredients, which acts as a spice but when added to tea, it also has innumerable health benefits too.
So what exactly happens when you add black pepper powder to your tea? Pepper is one of the best known kitchen ingredients which is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. When you have tea with black pepper mixed with it, it has the ability to cure several health problems.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Black Pepper
Since ancient times pepper has been known and used for the treatment of several health problems. The compound, piperine contained in pepper is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, and this helps in providing relief from pain and inflammation.
Also Read: Weird Uses Of Black Pepper
For best results add a pich of grounded black pepper powder in black tea and then sip it piping hot. Here is a list of what happens when you add black pepper powder to your tea.
1. Cold & Cough:
Konwn for its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, black pepper is one of the effective natural kitchen ingredients that helps in curing cold and cough. Pepper gives that warm and spicy touch to your throat and helps in loosening the phlegm and in clearing the stuffy nose and the cough accumulated around the throat as well as the chest. All you need to do is add a pinch of black pepper powder to your tea and then sip it hot.
2. Sore Throat:
When you have a bad throat pain, just add a pinch of black pepper to your tea and then try drinking it when it is piping hot. This helps provide relief from the throat pain. Try drinking it twice-thrice a day for best results. It is one of the best known treatments since ancient times.
3. Helps Ease Sinus Pressure:
For those having sinus, they experience serious congestion in the nose. Drinking tea, specifically black tea with a pinch of black pepper added to it, helps in providing relief from the congestion caused due to sinus. It helps in clearing the stuffy nose.
4. Anti- Depressant:
It might be surprising to believe but the piperine content in black pepper helps in increasing the cognitive function which includes reasoning, thinking, etc. of the brain. All you need to do is add a pinch of black pepper powder to your tea, preferably black tea and sip it piping hot. This acts as one of the best anti-depressants.
5. Helps Prevent Cancer:
Various studies conducted by health experts have shown that pepper helps in preventing various forms of cancer. The ingredient piperine in black pepper helps to neutralize the harmful radicals that harm the body and this prevents you from getting affected with cancer causing elements.