- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 16 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 16 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Punjab FC look for better fortune at home against Quess East Bengal
- Movies Akshay Kumar Used To Play With Young Kareena On The Sets While Working With Karisma
- News Instil fear of law, hang rapists within stipulated time: Mayawati urges govt
- Finance NEFT Transfer From Dec 16 Is 24 Hours A Day, Including Holidays
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Competition in every form is on the rise. Work, studies, games and everyting involve competition and this in fact gives rise to stress.
It may be in severe form or in traces, but whatever form it might be, it does affect one's health.
Hence, there needs to be a proper balance in our body in order to keep away the stress. There are several stress-management methods that people could take up.
Also read: Healthy Foods That Relieve Stress
Of all the options available for the management of stress, yoga is one that has proved to be extremely helpful. It not just helps to lower the stress level but also helps to cope up with the existing stress.
Urdhva Hastasana, also known as the Upward Salute Pose, is one of the best yoga asanas to relieve stress.
Also read: How to Keep Your Mind Calm And Stress Free
The word Urdhva Hastasana comes from the Sanskrit word 'Urdhva' which means upward, 'Hasta' which means hands and 'Asana' which means pose.
This is one of the simplest forms of yoga asanas which almost all of us do unknowingly as soon as we get up in the morning. It helps to give a good stretch to the entire body.
Here is the step-wise procedure to perform Urdhva Hastasana. Take a look.
Step-by-step Procedure To Perform Urdhva Hastasana:
1. To begin with stand straight as in Tadasana.
2. The arms should be placed on either sides and should be parallel to each other.
3. Slowly raise the arms directing towards the ceiling.
4. Along with the arms the palms also should be above your head facing each other.
5. The arms should be straight.
6. Look upwards.
7. The shoulder blades should be pressed firmly on the back.
8. The legs should be straightened and the kneecaps should be pulled up.
9. Hold on to the position for a while and take a deep breath.
10 Slowly come out of the position.
Other Benefits Of Urdhva Hastasana:
It helps to stretch the spine.
It helps to stretch the belly.
It helps to stretch the shoulders.
It helps to reduce fatigue and anxiety.
It helps in the treatment of congestion.
It helps in the treatment of asthma.
For those who have neck and shoulder injuries, they need to avoid Urdhva Hastasana or else practise it under the guidance of a yoga instructor.