Do you often experience pain and irritation in your eyes? Are you completely dependent on your contact lenses or glasses?
Well, with today's demanding jobs that require you to spend hours and hours with your eyes glued onto the computer screen, you cannot really expect to have healthy eyes.
Not to mention, the excessive phone usage, binge watching on movies on your television and so on.
It is a well-known fact that the rays and light from the computer screens, phones and television can strain your eyes to a great extent.
The optic nerves, when overexposed to the light and rays from the computer and phone screens, become sensitive and weakened over time, causing symptoms such as eye pain, irritation in the eyes, dryness in the eyes, etc.
Apart from the excessive use of gadgets, your eyes can also turn unhealthy by the negative effect of dust and pollution, especially if you do not cover your eyes while you are on the go.
If you do not take care of your health, your eyes may get damaged beyond repair as time goes by.
So, if you want to improve the health of your eyes, right at home, then you can try these simple, yet effective, eye exercises.
1. The Eye Roll
This exercise can activate your optic nerves for an improved vision and also prevent dryness of the eyes.
How It's Done:
- Start with rolling your eyeballs slowly to the left.
- Ensure that it reaches the extreme corner of your eyes.
- Now, repeat the same process, towards the right corner.
- This completes one repetition.
- Repeat at least 10 sets, twice in a day.
2. The Cross Eye
This exercise can also improve your vision and provide relief from eye strain to a considerable extent.
How It's Done:
- Take a pencil or a thin object.
- Hold it in front your face, at about an arm's length.
- Now, slowly bring the pencil closer to your nose, by keeping your eyes focussed on it.
- Your eye balls will come to the inner corners of your eyes, making them appear crossed.
- Now, slowly move the pencil away from your nose.
- This complete one repetition.
- Repeat the exercise at least 10 times, twice in a day.
Note : You can also keep your eyes closed for 15 minutes, every three hours when you are working on a computer. This will also help in relieving the eye strain.