- 9 hrs ago Malala Yousafzai Writes Open Letter To Taliban Urging To Reopen Schools For Girls In Afghanistan
- 12 hrs ago Kiara Advani And Raashii Khanna Will Inspire You To Invest In Minimally-Done Nature-Inspired Lehengas
- 15 hrs ago Is Chilli Good For People With Diabetes?
- 15 hrs ago Angelina Jolie Exudes Casual Glamour With Her Brown Outfit; Daughters Take Notes From Mother’s Wardrobe
- Finance Centre Extends Insurance Scheme For Healthcare Workers By 6 Months
- Movies Shanaya Kapoor: I Focus On The People Who Are Always Cheering Me On
- Technology Samsung Diwali Festival Sale: Attractive Discount Offers On Top Smartphones
- News RBI imposes monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- Sports Sri Lanka beat Ireland by 70 runs in T20 World Cup, qualify for Super 12s
- Education IBPS CRP RRB X Group A Scores Released, Here’s How To Check IBPS RRB X Officer Scale I, II And III Scores
- Automobiles Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- Travel 10 Best Winter Destinations in Goa
Ficus religiosa, popularly known as Peepal, is found to have several health benefits. A species of fig tree in the mulberry family, peepal trees are grown in the wild forests across the Indian sub-continent and a few people nurture it at home as well.
Peepal tree is also a chief oxygen provider. The peepal tree is rich in tannic acid, aspartic acid, flavonoids, steroids, vitamins, methionine, glycine, etc.
Also Read: Sacred Hindu Trees And Plants
All these ingredients make the peepal tree an exceptional medicinal tree.
According to Ayurveda, every part of the peepal tree - the leaf, bark, shoot, seeds, as well as the fruit, has several medicinal benefits. It is being used since ancient times for curing many diseases.
Among the Hindus as well as the Buddhists, peepal tree holds a special significance.
Also Read: Significance Of Peepal Tree In HInduism
It is considered as a sacred tree, as the Rishis meditated under the peepal tree in the ancient times.
Also, it was beneath a peepal tree that Gautam Buddha attained enlightenment, thus peepal tree is considered as "Bodhi" or the 'tree of wisdom'.
Today, at Boldsky, we bring to you 10 amazing health benefits of peepal tree, its leaf and juice. Have a look:
1. Helps In Treating Fever, Cold:
Take a few tender leaves of peepal, boil them along with milk, add sugar and then drink this mixture for about two times in a day. This provides relief from fever and cold.
2. Helps In Treating Asthma:
Take either a few tender peepal leaves, or its powder and boil it along with milk. Then, add sugar and drink it for about two times in a day. It helps those ailing with asthma.
3. To Treat Eye Pain:
Peepal also helps in terms of treating eye pain efficiently. Peepal milk derived from its leaves is helpful in providing relief from the eye pain.
4. Helpful For Teeth:
Take fresh twigs or new roots of peepal tree, using it as a brush helps not just in removing the stains but also in killing the bacteria present around the teeth.
5. Provides Relief From Nosebleed:
Take a few tender peepal leaves, prepare a juice out of it and then apply a few drops of it in the nostrils.This provides relief from the nosebleed.
6. Helpful In Treating Jaundice:
Take tender peepal leaves and prepare juice adding some mishri. Drink this juice 2-3 times in a day. This helps in alleviating jaundice and its symptoms.
Take powdered peepal leaves with an equal amount of anise seed powder and jaggery. Have this with milk before bedtime. This will provide relief from constipation.
8. Treating Heart Diseases:
Take a few tender peepal leaves, soak them in a jar of water and leave it overnight. Distill the water and then drink it twice-thrice in a day. This helps in providing relief from heart palpitation and weakness of the heart.
Take tender peepal leaf, few coriander leaves along with a bit of sugar and then chew it slowly. This provides an instant relief from dysentery.
10. Helps In Diabetes Management:
Peepal is found to lower the blood sugar level in the body. Powder of the peepal fruit taken along with Haritaki fruit powder, which is one of the constituents of triphala, helps in reducing the blood sugar level.