- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 24 May 2022: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 18 hrs ago What Are Empty Calories? Major Sources, Disadvantages And How To Replace Them
- 19 hrs ago Omicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- 19 hrs ago First Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- News Quad’s scope has become extensive, its form effective: PM Modi
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Day 12 Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu's Film Slows Down At The Box Office
- Sports Racing Along The Singalong Track in Chennai
- Travel GlampEco - Glamping At India's First Geodesic Dome Stay
- Finance Motilal Oswal Suggests Buy This Stock For 25% Potential Gains, Declared Final Dividend Of Rs 6.25
- Education NABARD AM Prelims Mains 2021 Cut Off Marks, Check NABARD Assistant Manager RDBS Rajbhasha Cut Off Details Here
- Automobiles KTM RC 390 Launched At Rs 3.14 Lakhs
- Technology Vivo T2 5G Launch Postponed; Check New Launch Date, Features & Expected Pricing
Diwali is all about happiness and fun with delicious foods all around. Everyone dressing up in new wears, everything seems to be decorated and lighten up right from the streets to each and every house.
Diwali is a time when people eat lot of sweets and disturb their calorie intake which in turn will affect their health. So this Diwali say no to wrong eating habits and gorge on to some healthy stuffs.
As we know Snacks is very important part of Diwali so instead of regular Gathiyas, muthiyos which are mostly deep fried and are made of gram flour prefer eating 'Chevda' made of roasted rice flakes and dry fruits or take in Diet chevda which are considered healthier as compared to others. Cutting fried snacks will help you maintain your cholesterol and fat level. Salads are also a good option for snacking.
When it comes to sweets avoid eating sweets which consist of lot of sugar choose eating mithais which are prepared of dry fruits, milk and coconut like KajuKatri, Rasmalai, Coconut barfi, Kheer are the best options and make a wise choice by eating Rasgulla instead of Gulabjamun. Gulabjamun is deep fried and dipped in sugar which is not good for health especially when its Diwali time and you already are disturbing your diet balance. It will be great if you can avoid refined sugar and opt for natural sugar use dates and raisins as sweeteners which will provide you with essential nutrients.
Samosas, pakoras, alootikkis and chat sound so tempting. Yes obviously you would surely wanted to enjoy it and you should actual enjoy it, because this awesome festival only comes once a year. So the key is moderation and favour baked samosas, diet bhel and pakoras which are light fried in healthy oil like olive oil which will not only make you feel delighted but also balance calorie intake.
Stay hydrated, drink lot of water and avoid carbonated drink instead drink homemade fruit juice or real extract fruit juice. And with these easy and healthy tips stay Fit and enjoy Diwali
Wishing all a healthy and happy Diwali!
The writer is Vinod Channa, a celebrity fitness expert and has 22 years of experience in the fitness industry. He had trained lot of celebrities' right from John Abraham to Shilpa Shetty. He is the one behind Anant Ambani's transformation.
- bollywood wardrobePriyanka Chopra Jonas Gives Traditional Spin To Western Retro Look; We Feel This Style Will Trend
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor And Shanaya Kapoor Wow Us With Their Festive Wear
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Khushi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif And Other Divas Have Awesome Lehenga Goals For Us
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Shraddha Kapoor Will Inspire You To Wear Light And Colourful Outfits For Intimate Celebrations
- festivalsChoti Diwali/ Naraka Chaturdashi 2021: Date, Shubh Muhurat, History And Significance
- womenLegend Of Goddess Lakshmi And Significance Of Worshipping Her On Lakshmi Puja In Diwali
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Genelia Deshmukh, Kajal Aggarwal, And Rakul Preet Singh Inspire Us With Their Festive Suits
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Mustard Yellow Saree Goals Ft. Keerthy Suresh And Karisma Kapoor
- festivalsDiwali 2021: Ashtottara Shatanamavali Of Goddess Kali, 108 Names And Significance
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Athiya Shetty, Huma Qureshi And Saiee M Manjrekar Give Us Modern Ethnic Outfit Ideas
- festivalsKali Puja 2021: Best Wishes, Greetings, Messages, Quotes, Status for Your Loved Ones On Diwali
- bollywood wardrobeSara Ali Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, And Other Divas Make A Strong Case For Contemporary Sarees