- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Do you know how many in the world suffer from cancer, diabetes and other serious health issues? Well according to recent statistics, around 7.8 billion people are battling a lot of health complications, therefore giving rise to a major increase in the death toll.
Recent studies show that most people consume a wrong diet along with the medications they take, and this causes a serious increase in the disease they are suffering with.
For example, those who are struggling with asthma or breathing problems should not consume too much of coffee, since the main property in coffee is caffeine and the patient becomes hyperactive,Thus, it takes a higher capacity on the muscles of the lungs, making it difficult for the patient to breathe with ease.
Also Read: Strange Uses Of These Daily Medications
Likewise, here are some of the other foods that you should never mix with your meds. Why don't you take a look at these tips and avoid these certain foods that can cause you more trouble:
Bananas & BP Medications:
If you are taking blood pressure medications, it is best to consume a minimum amount of potassium-based foods. Bananas have the highest source of potassium and when consumed in excess, it can make your heart beat faster and increase the palpitations too.
Alcohol & Painkillers:
If you are on medication for Antihistamines, diabetes medicines or painkillers, it is best to stay away from alcohol. When alcohol is consumed along with these medications, the liver has to function extra to breakdown the content of alcohol. This overworking of the liver might lead to a grave damage of the organ.
Leafy Greens & Anticoagulants:
If you are on blood thinners, it is best to go easy on vegetables that are leafy and green. Kale, spinach and broccoli have a high source of vitamin K, a property that aids in blood clotting. Therefore, consumption of the veggie and anticoagulants together will not help in thinning the blood.
Liquorice & Heart Medications:
If you are on heart medications, stay away from Liquorice. This food lowers the potassium level in the body and when it decreases, it can cause the patient to feel weak, alongside having irregular heart rhythms.
Grapefruit & Statins:
Grapefruit contains a chemical that stops the body from breaking down statins. Though some state that this fruit is not healthy, health experts state that too much of it's consumption will have adverse affects like muscle aches and pains especially when taking statins. Grapefruit is a highly nutritious fruit and can be consumed while taking any medications.
Milk & Antibiotics:
Medications like Ciprofloxacin and tetracycline should be taken in an hour before a meal or two hours after a meal; and these medications need to be taken with water and not milk. If these medications are consumed with dairy products, they will be less effective in killing the virus present in the body.
Lemon & Cough Medications:
If you are consuming any cough medication that has dextromethorphan, make it a point not to consume any citrus fruit along with it. The acid from the fruit and dextromethorphan will mix together to make you feel more drowsy, increasing your hallucination levels too.