Gaining extra weight, than the ideal weight as per your height and age, might lead you to a risk of developing several health problems like diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, obesity, heart-related diseases and stroke.
Moreover, there are certain factors that also contribute to weight gain. Excessive consumption of junk food, lack of sleep, stress, hypothyroidism, steroids, etc, are few of them that add to weight gain.
Also Read: Trick To Lose Weight
There are several drugs that might be available over the counter for weight loss. Few people also resort to exercises and hit the gym to get that ideal, toned body. In the process of losing weight, few people also control on their daily diet patterns.
But beating all these modes of losing weight, yoga asanas have been proved as one of the best methods to lose weight naturally. One could go for it without having any second thought in mind, as this does not have any side effect either.
Salabhasana is considered to be one of the best yoga asanas for weight loss. The word Salabhasana comes from the Sanskrit word 'Salabha' which means locust or grasshopper and 'Asana' which means pose. It is noted that morning time is the best to perform this asana.
Hence, have a look at the procedure to be followed and the benefits of this asana.
Step-By-Step Procedure To Perform Salabhasana:
1. Lie down on the floor on your belly with your chin on the floor.
2. Make sure that the knees touch the ground.
3. Your hands should be placed below the hips and the palms should rest on the ground.
4. Then, slowly lift your upper body along with your head and also lift your thighs and legs, keeping your palms intact on the ground.
5. Hold your breath and remain in the same position for a few seconds.
6. Breathe out slowly and get back to the normal position.
7. Continue with this asana for about 8-10 times.
Other Benefits Of Salabhasana:
Helps strengthen the muscles, hips, thighs, shoulder and legs
Helps stimulate blood circulation
Helps regulate the acid balance in the body
Helps strengthen your abdomen and back
Helps reduce stress and overcome depression
Helps regulate body metabolism
Those who have neck or spinal injuries or those having migraine should abstain from performing Salabhasana. They should check with a trained yoga practitioner and only then go ahead with this asana.