- 1 hr ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 3 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 7 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Movies After Navjot Singh Sidhu's Resignation, Netizens Trend Archana Puran Singh And Kapil Sharma Memes On Twitter
- News PM Modi interacts with five farmers who use innovative methods
- Automobiles Tata Motors Celebrates 1 Lakh Unit Rollout Milestone Of Tata Altroz
- Sports IPL 2021, MI vs PBKS Match 42 Toss and Playing 11: Mumbai opt to bowl first, drop Ishan Kishan
- Technology Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Become First Set Of Consoles To Support Dolby Atmos And Dolby Vision
- Finance 3 Best Aggressive Hybrid Funds To Consider In 2021 With 1 Year Returns Over 70%
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
Women worry a lot about vaginal cleanliness; but still, there comes a time when the place down there smells like onion. The natural smell in that place signifies normal heath whereas fishy smell could indicate that there is something wrong with it.
Also Read: 10 Foods To Prepone Your Periods
Sometimes, it could be about cleanliness but sometimes, it isn't about hygiene. It could be various other factors like food, bacteria, secretions etc. Douching or using essential oils to clean the area could also cause the smell.
Also Read: Why Jumping Rope Is A Good Workout
If pain accompanies foul smell then it could indicate a serious issue which may require the attention of your gynecologist.
Sometimes, the smell down there could be due to certain foods you have consumed. Onions could cause foul smell down there. Some odour-producing items are garlic, onion and other spicy curries.
If the normal levels of bacteria in private areas get disturbed, it could cause overgrowth. In such a case, a fishy odour and grey discharge could also follow.
Sweat could be one reason behind the odour. Vaginal fluid combined with sweat could emit a peculiar kind of foul odour. Soon after you get back from the gym, change your clothes and wear something that allows your privates to breathe.
If you leave a tampon inside for too long, it could cause a fishy smell; but once you remove the tampon, the smell will be gone. But leaving tampons could result in infections.
Contraceptives, creams, menstrual cycles or anything that alters pH levels of the privates may cause smell. In some women who reach menopause, a dip in the estrogen levels could be the reason.
In some women, the smell could occur after making love as semen could alter the smell down there.
This is a parasite infection and could be transmitted through body contact. Symptoms include smelly discharge, pain during penetration/urination and irritation or itchy sensation.
When you overuse antibiotics, the bacteria down there may get disturbed and this could cause odour. Also, some medications could dry out the place and alter the smell.