- 4 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 5 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 6 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Vijay's Bigil Did Not Incur Losses: Confirms Producer Archana Kalpathi!
- Sports Kohli right guy to take Indian cricket forward, Stokes is best cricketer now: Botham
- News India, China don’t need US help to resolve border frictions: Chinese official media
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Are you finding it difficult to sleep at night? Stop popping pills and try these foods that will help you to have a sound sleep at night.
Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids. It has been proven that when consumed, omega-3 fatty acids help in improving the sleep quality. People also sleep longer. If you do not like salmon, go for omega-3 fatty acid supplements. It will definitely help you sleep better.
Also Read: Foods For A Better Sleep
Mozzarella cheese is rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that helps the body to produce serotonin, a feel-good chemical, which relaxes the body and puts it to sleep. Mozzarella cheese contains two times as much tryptophan as lean protein. So have it to sleep better.
Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates. Hence, just like oats and bananas, they help you sleep better. As carbohydrate-rich foods have a high glycemic index, it spikes the blood sugar levels. This makes a person drowsy.
Oatmeal contains melatonin, the hormone that promotes sleep. Also, it is rich in calcium and magnesium. While calcium regulates the sleep cycle, magnesium is a muscle relaxant. It is also rich in carbohydrates. All these together will ensure that you sleep well when you have oats for dinner.
Almonds are rich in magnesium, which is a great muscle relaxant and it also contains tryptophan that produces serotonin, which relaxes the body. Hence, have a handful of almonds for good sleep quality.
Bananas are rich in carbohydrates, serotonin, melatonin, potassium and magnesium. All these together relax the body and put it to sleep. They also make you feel full. So have a banana to have a good night's sleep.
Also Read: 15 Sleep Hacks For A Sound Sleep
Warm milk before bed time is a staple in many households. This is because warm milk helps you sleep better. Milk contains tryptophan and melatonin, the two sleep- inducing hormones that relax the body and put it to sleep. So, drink a glass of warm milk before bed time for a sound sleep.