- 58 min ago On Malavika Mohanan’s Birthday, Her 5 Floral Outfits That Will Leave You Inspired
- 18 hrs ago Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- 20 hrs ago Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home
- 20 hrs ago Kamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Technology Lenovo Tab P12 Pro With SD855 Chip Expected Soon; Google Play Console Listing Confirms
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Lovlina Borgohain crashes out in semis, settles for bronze medal
- Movies Rahul Dev On Dating Mugdha Godse After Wife's Death: I Used To Feel If This Is Proper On My Part
- News Amid calls for Covid-19 vaccines targeting Delta variant, study shows Covishield is the right choice
- Finance This Savings Account Offers Up To 6.25% Interest With Health & Wellness Benefits: Check Details
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
We all have patted ourselves for making that supposedly healthy move from a normal pancake to a whole-wheat pancake, traded soda for pressed juice and opted for whole wheat bread in place of a normal one.
It seems like a logical choice for many of us who are trying to remain healthy, but it is also true that overconsumption of these food items tend to make us feel uneasy, bloated and irritated.
Foods That Are Bad For Digestion
Yes, these foods can make us feel gross when consumed in excess. As we know, anything in excess is always bad for the health.
So, how do we address the issue then? The best thing would be include more of fruits, green leafy veggies and good fats that can remove the uneasiness from us and help us digest food better.
Today, we at Boldsky will talk about certain culprits that tend to make us feel gross and uneasy.
If you are feeling too bloated and unsettling, then perhaps it is the time to watch carefully the consumption of some of the food items that are as mentioned on the list. Do have a look.
Food Items That Make Us Feel Gross
Food items like whole-wheat bread or pasta are rich in fibre, fibre is an indigestible carbohydrate, so eating too much of it can lead to bloating, acidity or an uneasy feeling.
Green tea is hailed for its health benefits; but did you know that drinking too much of it can cause stress to the abdomen? Green tea has high levels of caffeine that can cause nausea in some people. So, it is better to opt for decaffeinated drinks like chamomile or peppermint tea if you love drinking more than a cup of it.
Nutrition bars are a great way to pump up before a hectic day or a workout session, but some of them have ingredients that are rich in fibre, which can make us feel bloated and cause cramps.
Overeating Greek yogurt can cause bloating or diarrhoea, so tread with caution and avoid consuming a lot of dairy products.
Canned juices have high levels of sugar in them, so consuming them can immediately spike the sugar levels in your blood and then plummet, which can make you feel sleepy, hungry or lethargic.
Sugar-free candies or sweets are quite a rage these days, but they can make you feel bloated up, as they contain some ingredients that are hard to digest.
Unbelievable, but it is true that items like beans, rich in proteins and fibres, can give you an embarrassing side effect such as acidity.
Packed with numerous health perks, apple can be a very filling fruit. It is rich in fibre and fructose that are the culprits in causing the bloated feeling.
Corn is a rich source of vitamin C, phosphorus and magnesium, but it also contains a certain amount of cellulose that is very hard to digest.
Soy sauce is a great way to add a nice flavour to the dish, and perhaps most of our dishes are incomplete without it. However, did you know that it contains a high amount of sodium that can cause bloating? So, it is better to use it sparingly.
No doubt those red meat burgers are a treat for our taste buds, but red meat should be eaten in moderation, as it contains a high level of fats. It takes a lot of time for the body to digest it, making you feel gassy and bloated.
Chewing gums seem like a harmless thing to pop in, but it can actually cause bloating in you. So, chuck that habit of chewing on a gum right away.
Almond milk makes an excellent substitute for vegans, but some brands of almond milk contain certain ingredients that can cause irritable bowel syndrome.
Dry fruits are a great alternative to those fattening snacks, but consuming them in excess can make you feel bloated and gassy.
Instant oatmeal seems like a healthy and easy option when you are pressed for time. But, some brands are known to contain high fibre and sugar that can spike up the blood sugar level, leaving you feeling tired and bloated.