- 47 min ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Movies Bigil Completes 50 Days In Theatres; Vijay Starrer Is The Highest-Grossing Tamil Movie Of 2019!
- Technology Moto G8 Power With 5,000mAh Battery To Soon Hit Markets
- News I will not apologize, says Rahul Gadhi over 'rape in India' remark
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
It is often believed that when one gets their wisdom teeth, it tends to make the person wiser. Not sure how far this saying is true, but it is still a great matter of concern.
The pain it brings along is something that everyone remembers for a lifetime. All of us have the wisdom teeth growing one each in the four corners, around the age of 15-25 years and a few who get them in their 30's as well.
Also Read: Soft Foods To Ease Wisdom Tooth
The wisdom teeth do not get enough space to grow, and then they start pushing the other teeth and grow in an uncomfortable space, thus causing an extreme pain along with swelling.
Since it erupts partially through the gums giving space for the bacteria to grow around, this increases the pain further.
The pain gets so unbearable that you just want to extract that tooth at that very moment and get rid of the pain once and for all.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Clove Oil
In order to get off the terrible pain, most of them immediately go in for a tooth extraction, but few of them have these wisdom teeth embedded in jawbones, making it complicated for the extraction process.
For such wisdom tooth pain, Ayurveda is seen to provide the best relief. Boldsky outlines 8 Ayurvedic remedies for wisdom tooth pain. Have a look:
1. Clove Oil:
Clove oil, one of the important Ayurvedic ingredients, is being used since ancient times to provide relief for the wisdom tooth pain. It is known to have antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Take a few drops of clove oil in a cotton ball and keep it atop the paining wisdom tooth for a while.
2. Tea Tree Leaves/Oil:
Take a few drops of tea tree oil in a cotton ball and keep it atop the paining wisdom tooth for a while. If its too strong, dilute it with some olive oil. This helps relieve the pain.
3. Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint is known, since ancient times, for providing relief from wisdom tooth pain. It has antibacterial properties.Take a few drops of peppermint oil in a cotton ball and keep it atop the paining wisdom teeth for a while.
4. Guava Leaves:
You could simply chew the tender guava leaves and release its juice towards the paining wisdom tooth or else boil these leaves with water for a few minutes, strain it and then use it as a mouthwash.
Wheatgrass is known to have excellent antibacterial properties. Take wheatgrass juice, fill your mouth with it, keep it for a while in the mouth and then spit it out. This helps to remove the bacteria and toxins and provide relief from the pain.
Asafoetida, commonly known as hing, is a well-known Ayurvedic medication that heals the wisdom tooth pain. Chew the powder and keep it on the aching teeth, as it helps provide relief.
Onion is known to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Known since ancient times, slices of onion chewed or kept firmly under the aching wisdom tooth is known to provide relief from the pain.
Take a clove of garlic, crush it and keep it firmly on the aching wisdom tooth, this is known to provide relief from the pain. Garlic is known since ancient times and is said to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Take a piece of ginger and then place it firmly on the aching wisdom tooth. Slowly chew it and take the juice on the painful wisdom teeth. This will help provide relief from the pain.
10. Olive Oil:
Warm the olive oil; and once it is done, take it off and let it cool. When you feel it is tolerable, pour a few drops of it on the ear towards the side where you are having the wisdom tooth pain. The ear and the tooth have a connection and this method helps ease the pain effectively.