- 2 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 5 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 6 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Fahadh Faasil To Sport A New Look For Malik!
- News Will seek President's rule in Bengal if violence continues: BJP
- Sports ISL 2019-20: FC Goa vs ATK: Goa rally past Kolkata to go top
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
We have seen many packaged products mentioning that there may be traces of gluten in the product inside and people allergic to gluten should not consume these products as few people have gluten allergy. So what is gluten? Gluten refers to the proteins found in wheat endosperm. Gluten both nourishes plant embryos during germination and later affects the elasticity of dough, which in turn affects the chewiness of baked wheat products.
Though gluten is thought of being specifically prevalent in wheat, it is also found to be available in other cereals like barley, rye, spelt, kamut, and oats. Gluten is not necessarily bad, but there are few side effects of gluten in which the person becomes intolerant to gluten, meaning their bodies produce an abnormal immune response when it breaks down gluten from wheat and related grains during digestion. Hence you should be aware of the signs that you are allergic to gluten. Sometimes you keep constantly consuming gluten-rich foods, not knowing the signs that you are sensitive to gluten.
Gluten effects on body as it is mainly hidden in pizza, pasta, bread, wraps, rolls, and most processed foods. It is estimated that 99% of the people who have gluten intolerance or are never diagnosed. There are many diseases which result due to gluten consumption. Hence there should be an awareness of the signs that you are allergic to gluten, so that you can consult your doctor accordingly.
Here are a few symptoms of gluten allergy listed down for you to understand the signs that you are sensitive to gluten.
Digestive issues are the most common signs that you are allergic to gluten. Gas formation, dysentery, constipation, and bloating of the stomach are the symptoms. Constipation has been found to be a frequent complaint among children who have consumed gluten foods.
Fatigue, brain fog or feeling tired after eating a meal are the signs that you are sensitive to gluten.
If you have neurologic symptoms such as dizziness or feeling of imbalance in your body, it could be an indication of gluten being present in your food.
Hormone imbalances or unexplained infertility could also be a sign that you are allergic to gluten.
Many people suffer from migraine problems, but we hardly realize that it is an allergy due to consumption of gluten in food. This is one of the long term side effects of gluten.
An allergy called "Chicken Skin", which appears at the back of your arms, is a very good indication of gluten in food and that you are allergic to it.
If you are prone to mood swings such as anxiety and depression quite often, it could be a sign that you are allergic to gluten in food.
Inflammation, swelling or pain in your fingers, knees or hips are a result of gluten-rich foods.
Irritable and inflammatory bowel diseases are indications of gluten in food.
People who are allergic to gluten can also suffer from anemia or reduction in red blood cells.
If you suffer from joint pain quite often, it could be due to gluten in your food.
The best ways to determine the sign that you are allergic to gluten, is to eliminate it out of your diet for few weeks and then reintroduce it. There can be a single cause behind many different diseases and to correct these, you need to treat the cause and not just the symptoms.