- 5 min ago Hotel That Never Lands: Nuclear-Powered, AI-Piloted Flying Hotel Video Amazes And Irks Netizens
- 43 min ago NTAGI Recommends Vaccination Against Cervical Cancer And Typhoid: Sources
- 56 min ago World Tourism Day 2022: Date, Theme, Benefits, History, And Significance
- 2 hrs ago Rashmika Mandanna Is Grace Personified In A Saree, Check Out Latest Pictures!
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: Chennaiyin FC makes first Asian signing; ropes in Iranian defender Vafa Hakhamaneshi
- Movies Johnny Depp's Rep Denies Reports Of Him Returning As Jack Sparrow, Actor Spotted In Paris In A New Look
- News PSEB Class 12 results: Live link activated
- Finance Buy This Navratna PSU Stock For Over 22% Gains In 12-18 Months: ICICI Direct
- Technology Pokemon Go Developer Working On Real-World Metaverse NBA Mobile Game
- Education NEET 2022: Exam City Intimation Slip Released By NTA At neet.nta.nic.in, Admit Card To Release Soon
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Belching or burping is one of the ways in which your body expels excessive gas from your stomach. Its nothing but the build up of gas in the abdomen. It is referred to as 'ructus oreructation'. The gas in the abdomen causes discomfort, pain and cramps.
The two main reasons for burping are swallowing excess air while eating and of course, poor digestion. Some other reasons include alcohol consumption, carbonated beverages, gall stones and peptic ulcers. Though Belching is a natural process, it is also associated with disorders like gastricitis, peptic ulcers, lactose intolerance and celiac disease.
Some of the symptoms of belching are bloating, acidity, burning sensation, constant pain in the upper abdomen, hunger, belching, nausea, bitter taste in mouth, vomiting and loss of appetite.
Herbal remedies are helpful in treating belching or burping. In this article, we at Boldsky are listing out some of the easy yet inexpensive home remedies that effectively treat belching. Read on to know more...
Ginger: Ginger is the best remedy to treat excessive gas. The properties present in it help cure the gastrointestinal muscles and thereby prevent gas, burping and bloating. It also promotes digestion and helps relieve abdominal pain. Drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea gives relief from belching.
Peppermint: Peppermint is another natural remedy that treats belching. It improves the flow of bile and promotes digestion. Drink peppermint tea several times a day for best results.
Cardamom: Cardamom increases the production of digestive juices in your stomach and minimises the chance of gas production. It also aids digestion and reduces bloating. Chew on few pods of cardamom 2-3 times a day.
Fennel: Fennel is the age-old remedy to relieve burping. It soothes the digestive tract and prevents the formation of gas. It is also a solution for indigestion, bloating and heart burn. Chew on half a spoon of roasted fennel after your meals to reduce belching.
Asafetida: Asafetida, popularly known as 'hing' controls the formation of gas due to acidity. It even alleviates stomach aches caused due the build up of gas in the abdomen. Mix a pinch of asafetida to a glass of warm water. Drink it few times during the day for best results.
- wellnessHow To Naturally Cure The Problem Of Burping
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- wellness14 Most Common Triggers Of Hiccups And Quick Tips To Get Rid Of 'Em
- hair careHow To Improve Your Hair Texture At Home: Home Remedies And Hair Masks
- wellness14 Safe And Effective Home Remedies For Ringworm Infection: Garlic, Tea Tree Oil, Salt And More
- disorders cureMonsoon Allergies: Types Of Common Allergies During The Season And Ways To Manage Them
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About Fever, Dengue Fever, Ebola, Chikungunya And Typhoid Fever
- prenatalMorning Sickness During Second Pregnancy: Effective Tips And Remedies
- wellness28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- wellnessHeadache 101: Everything You Need To Know From Causes, Symptoms To Home Remedies, Foods, Yoga Poses And More
- wellness12 Effective Home Remedies For Swollen Feet
- wellness8 Effective Natural Remedies That Can Help Manage Eczema Symptoms