- 27 min ago Sun Transit In Sagittarius On 16 December 2021: Effects On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 4 hrs ago Yearly Health Horoscope 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Omicron: COVID-19 Third Wave Projected In India In February 2022 By IIT Scientist
- 14 hrs ago Omicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- Finance Shriram Properties IPO: Loss Making, But Don't Be Surprised On Listing Gains
- Movies Katrina Kaif And Vicky Kaushal's Wedding: Here Is How Love Blossomed Between Couple
- News Stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui dropped from Gurugram Comedy Festival
- Sports ISL 2021-22: 10 things to know about East Bengal vs FC Goa
- Technology Motorola To Launch Moto G51, Moto Edge X30, Moto G71 Soon; India Launch, Specs
- Education NIFT Admission 2022 Notification Out, Register Online For NIFT UG PG Courses Before January 17 On nift.ac.in
- Automobiles DriveSpark Exclusive: Citroen CC21 SUV Spotted Testing Again In Bangalore
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kohima
Stress is eating into our lives at every waking moment. We are often stressed about various things in life and that affects our health. We cannot even sleep peacefully these days because we are in anxiety mode all the time. Yoga poses for stress relief are thus very helpful to make you sleep well. Yoga poses for relaxation are the key to living your life in a better way.
Anxiety and stress are part of everyone's life. However, you must not allow it to take over your life. When you are stressed, a hormone called cortisol is released into your blood stream. This hormone wrecks havoc in your body. It slows down metabolism, increases the blood pressure and puts pressure on the heart. Yoga poses for stress relief can help you contain effects of this hormone.
Yoga is much more than just exercise. It works on your body at the spiritual level. That is why yoga poses for anxiety and stress management can help to calm your mind. It is an exercise for your soul. Do not underestimate the effects of stress on your body.
If you have been having trouble sleeping, try these yoga poses for stress relief.
The Ease pose is a very basic yoga asana for stress management. You are supposed to sit with your legs folded and then you need to ease or calm your mind. It helps to make you feel grounded. It also helps to relax your spine.
We often do not breathe in the right way and that increases our stress levels. The effects of breathing a lungs full of oxygen can be magical. Breathing deeply can clear your head.
The Child pose has a very potent psychological effect on your brain. For this yoga asana, you have to take the foetal position. When you crawl back into the position you were in your mother's womb, you can feel immense comfort.
The 'eagle' stands for strength. And the Eagle pose helps to keep stress at bay by improving inner balance and concentration. It helps you battle your emotional demons.
The Cat pose is perfect for those who suffer from nagging tension headaches. Thrusting the head below the spinal cord helps to release tension and anxiety.
The Cow pose is often down in tandem with the Cat pose to relieve stress. This is a great workout for your spinal cord. It helps to free your mind of stress.
The Puppy pose is a derivative of the Child pose. This pose can help you to get rid of the habit of nervously slouching when you are stressed. It increases the blood flow to the brain.
The full head stand is a yoga pose that really helps you to relax. It is not easy to get this asana right. But if you can get it right, there is nothing like it to release stress. This pose can increase blood flow to the brain.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
When you are stressed, it knots up the muscles of your neck and back. However, if you practise the bridge pose, you can release stress and anxiety that gives you back aches easily. Lie flat on your back and raise yourself from your neck.
The Corpse pose is a proper relaxation pose of yoga. You can lie flat on your back with your arms and legs straightened like a corpse. Only when you can treat your body and mind like a corpse, you can actually get rid of stress.