- 33 min ago Sun Transit In Leo 20202: In What Ways It Will Be Affecting Different Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 15 August 2020
- 10 hrs ago Eat Right To Keep Your Teeth Strong And Healthy
- 12 hrs ago Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- Technology Independence Day 2020: How To Send Independence Day WhatsApp Stickers On Android, iOS Devices
- News Independence Day 2020: COVID-19 precautions put in place
- Finance 10 Easy Steps To Lock/Unlock Your Aadhaar Card Biometrics
- Movies SP Balasubrahmanyam In Critical Condition: Ilaiyaraaja, AR Rahman & Others Wish A Speedy Recovery
- Sports Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich: Bundesliga champions obliterate dismal Blaugrana to book semifinal spot
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Our stomach is filled with a naturally-produced acidic liquid that activates digestive enzymes to break down the food particles and aid digestion. However, excessive stomach acid can sometimes be painful. Heartburn is the most common symptom of heartburn. Excess acid leaks into the esophagus and causes a burning sensation near the heart.
Moreover, eating spicy food can increase stomach acid and heartburn. You need to cool your stomach and control the heartburn by eating cooling foods like yogurt and coconut water. Here are some steps to regulate the pH levels of stomach and reduce the acid.
Ways To Reduce Stomach Acid:
- Your lifestyle has a major role in health conditions. Changing your lifestyle can help restore the normal stomach acid levels.
- Your eating habits needs to be considered. One of the ways to reduce stomach acid is to see if you have any eating disorder or not. Eating forcefully or not eating proper food can increase the chances of stomach acid.
- Dehydration is another major cause of stomach acid. Water neutralises the acid in stomach so drink as much water as possible.
- Difficult to digest food and acidic foods can cause stomach acid. So, make sure you eat cooling and easy to digest foods. It is one of the best ways to reduce stomach acid.
- Even spicy and salty foods can contribute to dehydration and stomach acid which in turn will lead to other stomach problems like indigestion, inflammation etc.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol increases the acid content in stomach. So, get rid of these bad habits.
- Another way to reduce stomach acid is to drink a glass of whole milk. Apart from reducing stomach heat, it also provides a cooling effect.
- Chewing the cold and refreshing mint leaves is a simple and natural way to reduce stomach acid. Mint reduces stomach acid and also helps in improving digestion.
- Be careful while eating. When you eat, do not let excess air enter the mouth. It can lead to unwanted bloating and gas. When this air is expelled through belching, it may carry excess stomach acid into the esophagus which leads to inflammation.
These are few ways to reduce stomach acid naturally.