- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 12 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 12 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- News Pragya Thakur’s complaint against Rahul Gandhi forwarded to Privileges Committee
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Our stomach is filled with a naturally-produced acidic liquid that activates digestive enzymes to break down the food particles and aid digestion. However, excessive stomach acid can sometimes be painful. Heartburn is the most common symptom of heartburn. Excess acid leaks into the esophagus and causes a burning sensation near the heart.
Moreover, eating spicy food can increase stomach acid and heartburn. You need to cool your stomach and control the heartburn by eating cooling foods like yogurt and coconut water. Here are some steps to regulate the pH levels of stomach and reduce the acid.
Ways To Reduce Stomach Acid:
- Your lifestyle has a major role in health conditions. Changing your lifestyle can help restore the normal stomach acid levels.
- Your eating habits needs to be considered. One of the ways to reduce stomach acid is to see if you have any eating disorder or not. Eating forcefully or not eating proper food can increase the chances of stomach acid.
- Dehydration is another major cause of stomach acid. Water neutralises the acid in stomach so drink as much water as possible.
- Difficult to digest food and acidic foods can cause stomach acid. So, make sure you eat cooling and easy to digest foods. It is one of the best ways to reduce stomach acid.
- Even spicy and salty foods can contribute to dehydration and stomach acid which in turn will lead to other stomach problems like indigestion, inflammation etc.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol increases the acid content in stomach. So, get rid of these bad habits.
- Another way to reduce stomach acid is to drink a glass of whole milk. Apart from reducing stomach heat, it also provides a cooling effect.
- Chewing the cold and refreshing mint leaves is a simple and natural way to reduce stomach acid. Mint reduces stomach acid and also helps in improving digestion.
- Be careful while eating. When you eat, do not let excess air enter the mouth. It can lead to unwanted bloating and gas. When this air is expelled through belching, it may carry excess stomach acid into the esophagus which leads to inflammation.
These are few ways to reduce stomach acid naturally.