- Sports Steve Smith extends lead over Virat Kohli in the ICC Rankings for Test batsmen
- News No Shah, Sultan, Samrat can break promise: Kamal Haasan on Hindi imposition
- Movies Kartik Aaryan Launches His Youtube Channel, Gives Us A Sneak Peek; Watch Video!
- Technology OnePlus 7T Series To Go Official On October 10th: Expected Features And Specifications
- Automobiles India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
5 tips to prevent summer digestive problems:
Eat Less: To prevent summer digestive problems, avoid eating more. As the digestive system becomes sensitive, it is best to eat less. Eating too much can affect digestion so prefer eating smaller meals at short intervals. This keeps digestion easy and doesn't make you hungry also. Prefer eating green vegetables and fresh fruits which are juicy and are easy to digest. These foods also keep you hydrated.
Drink more: Many people don't feel like eating much during summer. This is because digestive problems and heat spoils the mood completely. During summer, you always have the urge to have cold beverages especially juice and cold drinks. Have fruit juices and smoothies to stay fit and active. Due to sweat, your body loses a lot of water so have lots of water to stay hydrated and avoid water retention.
Avoid spicy food: Stomach inflammation during summer is common. So, avoid spicy food in the summer diet. This prevents stomach inflammation which is caused to due to a weak spleen. Have beans, lotus root and carrots to dispel pathogenic heat and strengthen the spleen and stomach
Juicy food: Include juicy foods such as tomatoes, apples, pears, watermelon, cucumber, sweet potatoes, white gourd and yam.
Use digestive spices/herbs: To improve digestion and prevent summer digestive problems, have spices or herbs. Coriander, fenugreek, fennel seeds, cardamom, cilantro, cumin, ginger and parsley in your summer diet.
To improve digestive functioning and prevent stomach problems, follow these tips.