Cheese has many health benefits; we all know that. But did you know that there is a special type of cheese called the blue cheese that works wonder for heart patients. Each type of cheese has its own health benefits. Blue cheese is popular as a heart healthy food. Apart from being heart healthy, it has many other benefits as well.
Blue cheese is not really blue in colour. It is off-white like most other cheese. It has bluish streaks in them that are formed during the ageing process of cheese. It has very low fat content and is usually used to make toppings and dressing for food.
The major health benefits of blue cheese are mentioned here.
- Lose Weight: Almost all diets that use diary products have cheese in them. This type of cheese has very low calories, so it can easily be a part of your weight loss diet.
- Milk Proteins: Blue cheese is produced by coagulating milk and ageing the cheese. Thus, it contains very high amounts of milk proteins. If you want to build up your muscles then you must eat generous portions of this type of cheese.
- Heart Healthy: Blue cheese is one of the best foods for the heart. The reason is that this type of cheese is consumed regularly. This is one reason why the French have the lowest rate of cardiovascular diseases in the world.
- Anti Inflammatory: The blue veins that are developed in this kind of cheese has very high anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to keep the arteries clean and healthy.
- Anti Cellulite: This type of cheese is said to have properties that prevent the body from depositing fats in the form of cellulite. So if you are prone to cellulite fat deposits, consider adding this cheese to your diet.
- Fights Arthritis: As it has already been said, blue cheese is anti inflammatory. It helps fight painful diseases like arthritis.
- Prevents Osteoporosis: It is very important for women to consume this cheese due to its high calcium content. The calcium present in this cheese helps prevent diseases like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis after menopause.
- Boosts Memory: Its good to add some blue cheese to your kid's plate too. This is because, this cheese stimulates the brain cells and improves memory. It is particularly beneficial for growing kids.
These are some of the important health benefits of blue cheese. Have you tried it yet?
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding