- 32 min ago Hadid Sisters Hit Runway For Marc Jacobs With Partially 'Shaved' Heads And Bleached Brows
- 42 min ago July 2022: Lucky And Unlucky Zodiac Signs This Month
- 1 hr ago Expert Article: Pericoronitis, An Unfamiliar But Agonizing Dental Issue
- 2 hrs ago Who Is CM Eknath Shambaji Shinde? Tracing His Journey From An Auto-Driver To Maharashtra's New CM
- News Was molested, beaten up in jail, says Marathi actor
- Sports Rishabh Pant reveals his talks with Ravindra Jadeja, Rahul Dravid during the 222-run stand at Edgbaston
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor Recalls Dad Rishi Telling Him That He Won't Be A National Star Despite Doing Good Films
- Finance GM Scraps Deal, To Sell Plant In Maharashtra To Great Wall Motor
- Technology Pre-Ordered Nothing Phone 1? Then You Might Not Like This
- Automobiles 2022 Hyundai Venue Vs 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza - Which New Sub-4m SUV Should You Buy?
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
- Education CMI Result 2022 Declared for B.Sc Courses: Check Scorecard, Cut Off & Merit List at www.cmi.ac.in
Mangoes are considered to be one of the most delicious and nutrient-rich fruits with a wide range of varieties, each having its own taste, aroma and benefits. Ripe mangoes, without any doubt, are liked by all age groups.
But did you know that raw or unripe mangoes too have some great health benefits? Kachchi kairi or raw mango yields as much Vitamin C as 35 apples, 18 bananas, nine lemons and three oranges, says a study .
Apart from vitamins, it also carries iron and more than 80 per cent of the daily required magnesium and calcium. Raw mangoes are better eaten uncooked as many of the nutrients like vitamin C will be lost during the cooking process .
Today, we will look at the benefits of eating raw or green mango can have on your health.
- wellnessDid You Know That Sleeping Naked (With Your Partner) Can Help Reduce Stress & Boost Self-esteem?
Health Benefits Of Raw/Green Mango
Here is a list of scientifically-proven health benefits of the tangy green mango. Take a look.
1. Promote Liver Health
Eating green mango is beneficial for your liver health as they helps treat liver ailments . The acids in the raw fruits increase the secretion of bile acids and clean the intestines of bacterial infections. The secretion also helps boost the absorption of fat by cleansing the toxins out of the body .
2. Prevent Acidity
Raw mango is high on antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A and amino acids which work together to neutralise the acid in the stomach, thereby reducing acid reflux and easing acidity . Try chewing a piece of raw mango for quick relief.
3. Boost Immunity
The vitamin C and A in raw mango, along with that of the essential nutrients help improve the immune system . By consuming raw mangoes without cooking, you can avail the maximum benefits of its nutrition.
4. Manage Blood Disorders
Studies show that raw mango help manages common blood disorders such as anaemia, blood clots, haemophilia etc. Being rich in Vitamin C, green mangoes increases the elasticity of blood vessels and also helps in producing new blood cells .
5. Ease Gastrointestinal Disorders
As raw mango is rich in pectin, which is highly beneficial in treating gastrointestinal disorders . It is also an effective remedy for diarrhoea, piles, indigestion and constipation . Green mangoes are perfect for pregnant women, as they help ease morning sickness .
6. Promote Weight Loss
Raw mango is one of the best fruits to eat when you want to lose those calories. The raw fruit helps boost your metabolism thus helping you burn more calories, and are also lower in calories and contain less sugar .
7. Boost Energy
Experts state that raw mango should be consumed after a lunch meal to help revive one from afternoon drowsiness because eating raw mango gives your body an energy boost, which literally wakes you up .
8. Boost Heart Health
Green mango contains niacin, also known as vitamin B3, which help boost cardiovascular health . Niacin improves blood cholesterol levels and thereby reduces the risk of diseases like heart diseases, stroke and heart attacks.
9. Protection From Dehydration And Sun Stroke
Raw mango help reduce the effects of intense heat and prevent dehydration, as they stop excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron from the body, making it a perfect fruit for the summer season . All you have to do is to boil raw mangoes and mix it with sugar, cumin and a pinch of salt for relief. In addition, drinking raw mango juice prevents excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron due to excessive sweating .
10. May Treat Scurvy
Scurvy is a disease resulting from a lack of vitamin C, which causes bleeding gums, rashes, bruising, weakness and fatigue . As raw mangoes are rich in vitamin C, raw mango or raw mango powder may help cure the issue. Raw mangoes play a vital role in promoting dental hygiene by preventing bad breath and fight tooth decay as well .
What Are The Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Raw Mango?
Anything in excess is never good. Eating too many green mangoes can cause indigestion, dysentery, throat irritation and abdominal colic (abdominal pain characterised by sudden onset and cessation) .
Not more than one green mango should be consumed daily and do not drink cold water immediately after eating the green mangoes as it can thicken the sap and cause further irritation .
Healthy Raw Mango Recipes
1. Raw Mango Drink (Aam Panna)
- Raw mango - 2
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Saffron strands - ¼ teaspoon
- Water - 5 cups
- Dice the mangoes and mix well with sugar and water.
- Boil the mango till it becomes soft.
- Cool it and blend in a mixer.
- Mix cardamom powder and saffron strands and stir on low flame.
- Chill and serve.
- Raw mango- ½ cup, juliennes
- Carrot - ½ cup, thinly sliced
- Cucumber - ½ cup cubes
- Tomato - ½ cup, diced
- Peanuts - ¼ cup, roasted
- Jeera powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Mix the mango, cucumber, carrot, tomato and peanuts.
- Add the jeera powder and salt.
- Mix well, add the mint leaves and serve.
2. Green Mango Salad (Kacche Aam Ka Salad)
- recipesBest Refreshing And Kid-Friendly Recipe: How To Prepare Raw Mango Popsicles
- bollywood wardrobeNailing The Art Of Leaving Us All Speechless With Her Fashion Game Ft. Janhvi Kapoor
- bollywood wardrobeSherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Shows Flower Power In Her Stylish Dress, Pretty Palazzo Set And Lovely Saree
- fashion trendsMahua Moitra Exudes Confidence And Power In Her Stunning Sarees For A Magazine Photoshoot
- wellnessWhy Is Raw Mango Juice (Aam Panna) Considered The Best Drink To Treat Sunstroke?
- fashion trendsLakme Fashion Week 2020: Making Past Crafts Legacy Relevant Ft. Raw Mango And Gaurang Shah
- bollywood wardrobeSamantha Akkineni Gives Us Green-hued Traditional Wear Goals With Her Exquisite Green Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeSamantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- bollywood wardrobeSwara Bhasker’s Lehenga Is An Ethnic Wear You Would Want To Buy For Your Best Friend’s Wedding
- bollywood wardrobeSwara Bhasker’s Saree And Gota Blouse Would Inspire You To Notch Up Your Saree Look
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Kajal Aggarwal: 5 Times The Actress Mesmerised Us With Her Beautiful Saree Looks
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Sonam Kapoor: 7 Times The Diva Layered Her Outfits And Made It Look Extraordinary