- 16 min ago How To Prepare Matar Paneer With Khoya Recipe
- 1 hr ago Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- 2 hrs ago Bhishma Kund In Kurukshetra: Deathbed Of A Famous Legend In Mahabharata
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 05 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Technology Astronauts Planning To Grow Tomatoes Aboard International Space Station
- News Gujarat polls: From Ghatlodia to Gandhinagar South, the key constituencies in phase 2
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: How 'Mad' Mehidy and friend Mustafizur guided Bangla to 1-wicket win
- Movies Urfi Javed Exposes A Group Of Teenagers Making Abusing Calls, Says Will File Police Complaint
- Finance Small Cap Stock Hits Back To Back Upper Circuit After Stock Split Announcement
- Automobiles 5 Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles – Scrambler To Fully-Faired
- Education RSMSSB Rajasthan Forest Guard 2020 admit card out ; Check Details Here
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Electrolytes play a vital role in the proper health functioning. It is naturally present in the body in the form of calcium, sodium and potassium. But, sometimes due to sweating, because of vigorous workouts and too much of activities, electrolytes get lost.
Electrolytes are lost while you do physical activities. The body faces a shortage of electrolytes during pregnancy too. In the absence of electrolytes, some changes in the body can be noticed such as fast heartbeats, white fingertips and skin.
Electrolytes regulate the muscles, nerve function, maintain the pH of the blood and keep the blood pressure in control. A nutritious diet could provide electrolytes to the body. But, you can also make homemade electrolyte drinks and have these.
Have a look at the homemade electrolyte drinks that you can opt for.
1. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C. Lemon is an excellent source of electrolytes. Fruits such as orange, lime and grapefruit also work wonders. They contain essential minerals like potassium and calcium and you can have them in the form of a juice as well as raw.
2. Salt Water
Salt helps to keep your body electrically charged and contains minerals like sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Salt is an active ingredient that will replenish the lost electrolytes in the body. Sodium is the electrolyte that you lose while sweating.
3. Coconut Water
Coconut water works as an electrolyte replacement drink. Coconut water is refreshing and contains high levels of potassium content. It contains other essential electrolytes too and is a natural way to replenish the lost minerals.
4. Cranberry Drink
Cranberries also help to rejuvenate the depleted electrolyte level. Its sweet and sour taste makes a wonderful electrolyte drink. It is also helpful in cleansing the kidneys and bladder, while detoxifying the lymphatic system.
5. Ginger Drink
After a long workout, you tend to feel exhausted and want to regain energy. Ginger is the drink that will replace the lost electrolytes in the body. It is also helpful in reducing muscle pain due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
6. Watermelon Juice
Watermelon contains important electrolytes that are required for proper nerve functioning and heart health, which get depleted through perspiration. Consumption of this fruit juice will enrich the body with vitamins and electrolytes.
7. Salt And Sugar Water
Salt, sugar and water when mixed together will provide electrolytes to the body. This mixture is useful, as it hydrates your body and replaces the lost fluids during perspiration or diarrhoea. You can make a mixture of salt-sugar water after you are tired.
8. Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A and folate. The berries boost heart health, fight stroke, cancer and depression. Strawberry smoothie would make for a perfect electrolyte drink.
9. Chia Seeds Drink
Chia seeds are rich in calcium, phosphorous and potassium. The seeds are also high in omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fibre. Drinking chia seeds water would replenish the lost electrolytes in the body and prevent the premature ageing of skin.
10. Cucumber Drink
Cucumber is rich in potassium, manganese and magnesium. It is a perfect electrolyte drink that improves memory and protects the nerve cells. It also fights inflammation, reduces cancer risk, manages stress and supports your digestive health.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- wellnessRamadan 2021: Foods To Eat And Avoid For Fasting Associated Dehydration
- disorders cureHeat Cramps: Is It A Serious Condition? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- disorders cureElectrolyte Disorders: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- basics7 Healthy Beverages Women Can Consume For Postpartum Recovery
- recipesBest Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- recipesEasy To Make Summer Coolers: How To Prepare Frozen Peach Cocktail
- recipesSummer Drinks And Coolers: How To Prepare Pineapple Lemonade With Just 3 Ingredients
- diabetesCan Migraine Decrease The Risk Of Diabetes In Women?
- diabetesWorld Diabetes Day 2019: Best And Worst Drinks For Diabetes
- wellnessWorld Blood Donor Day: What Foods To Eat & Avoid Before Donating Blood
- nutrition9 Healthy Drinks You Should Drink First Thing In The Morning
- wellness10 Ways Smoothie Is Sabotaging Your Health