- 1 hr ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 2 hrs ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Says 2019 Was A Huge Year For Him
- News IMA Ponzi scam: ED attaches Rs 10 crore assets in 'Islamic banking or halal investment'
- Technology Moto G8 Power With 5,000mAh Battery To Soon Hit Markets
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Did you know almonds are the seeds of the fruits which are cultivated from the almond trees? The almonds taste sweet and bitter; the sweet almonds are edible and the bitter ones are used for making oil.
Almonds are high in nutritional content with a wide range of vital nutrients like protein, omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, zinc, soluble and insoluble fibre among others.
The crunchy and sweet almonds are usually consumed raw or are added in sweet and savoury dishes. Almonds are extremely helpful for people who suffer with blood pressure problems and these also help nerve and muscle functioning.
Nutritionists say that eating soaked almonds is much more healthier than eating the raw ones. It is because soaking almonds in water overnight removes the toxic materials present in its coating, releases phytic acid and decomposes its gluten content, so that you get most of the nutrients from the nuts.
So, let's have a look at some of the health benefits of eating soaked almonds in the morning.
1. Improves Digestion
Soaked almonds will aid in faster and smoother food digestion by facilitating the entire digestive procedure. When the almonds are soaked in water, the outer skin is removed, which makes them easily digestible and this allows you to get the maximum amount of nutrition.
2. Good For Pregnancy
If you are an expectant mother, you must add soaked almonds in your diet, as they are wonderful for you and your baby's health. Soaked almonds provide the ultimate nourishment and energy to both the mother and foetus. Also, the folic acid present in almonds will prevent any birth-defects.
3. Improves Brain Function
Doctors have said that eating 4 to 6 soaked almonds daily can serve the purpose of a brain tonic and help in the proper functioning of the central nervous system. So, eating soaked almonds in the morning will sharpen your memory and improve brain function.
4. Reduces Cholesterol
Soaked almonds can reduce cholesterol to a great extent. They are packed with monounsaturated fatty acids that decrease the bad cholesterol in the body. Almonds contain vitamin E that increases the good cholesterol level in the bloodstream.
5. Good For The Heart
Soaked almonds provide protein, potassium and magnesium which are necessary for maintaining a healthy heart. It contains antioxidants that keep your cholesterol levels in check and also help in combating several fatal heart diseases.
6. Improves Blood Pressure
Did you know that soaked almonds can also treat hypertension? Soaked almonds contain high potassium and low sodium content that can prevent blood pressure from escalating. They also contain folic acid and magnesium that are helpful in lowering the risk of artery congestion.
7. Aids In Weight Loss
If you want to lose that stubborn belly fat, include soaked almonds in your diet. Soaked almonds promote faster weight loss because the outer skin is removed. Soaked almonds contain monounsaturated fats that can help curb your appetite and keep you feeling full.
8. Treats Constipation
Consuming soaked almonds can help treat chronic constipation. Soaked almonds are full of insoluble fibres, which elevate the amount of roughage in the body and help you get rid of chronic constipation.
9. Strengthens The Immune System
According to a noted study, soaked almonds have a prebiotic effect that can boost the function of the immune system. Prebiotic is known to improve the growth of good bacteria in the human gut and as a result, it plays an important role in preventing diseases that affect the human gut.
10. Prevents The Ageing Of Skin
Ditch those products that you use on your skin to remove wrinkles, instead, eat soaked almonds that is a natural anti-ageing food. Consume soaked almonds every day in the morning to keep your skin firm and wrinkle-free.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.