- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Don’t Break Your Fitness Regimen This Independence Day: Try This Healthy Tricolour Sandwich
- 13 hrs ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 17 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy Z Fold 4, Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, Redmi Note 11, Z Flip 4, And More
- Sports Maharaja Trophy: Abhinav Manohar’s heroics leads Mangalore United to thrilling win against Gulbarga Mystics
- News No "hello", instead use 'Vande Mataram' when answering calls: Maha minister to govt officials
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 August 14 Highlights: Kanika Mann Emerges As The Winner Of The K-Medal Race
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Passes Away At 62: 5 Facts About The Ace Investor
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
Drumstick seeds, popularly known as moringa seeds, are a power-packed superfood with a hoard of health benefits. They are known for their high nutritious profile and are also rich with antioxidants.
The health benefits of drumstick seeds are abundant and their anti-inflammatory property tops the list. It is also one of the most sought-after natural supplement.
It has been used for generations in our country, mainly because of its disease-fighting property. It is known to prevent chronic diseases like diabetes, anaemia, heart disease, liver diseases, arthritis as well as digestive disorders, respiratory and skin diseases.
Moringa seeds are also said to be a nutritional wonder, mainly due to the fact that all its health benefits are scientifically backed. The best part is that the other parts of the drumstick tree like its pods, flowers, leaves and its fruit are also edible apart from its seed.
Continue reading in order to know the nutritional and health benefits of drumstick seeds.
1. Packed With Nutrition:
It is enriched with vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It contains Vitamins A, C and E and minerals like calcium, protein and potassium, which are essential macronutrients that are required by the body.
2. Fights Free Radicals:
Moringa seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and they combat free radical damage, which is mainly caused due to oxidative stress, molecular cell damage and inflammation. It contains several antioxidants like flavonoids, ascorbic acid and polyphenols in its seed, leaf and flower.
3. Reduces Diabetes:
Moringa seeds can help prevent diabetic retinopathy. Vitamin A supports eye health, strengthens cornea and prevents inflammation. Vitamin C has the ability to prevent the blood vessel damage in people suffering from type 1 diabetes. Hence, moringa seed is the best natural medicine for diabetes.
4. Protects Cardiovascular System:
Moringa seeds contain antioxidants and are instruments in protecting the heart health and making the blood vessels stronger and flexible.
5. Supports Brain Health:
Moringa seeds contain essential compounds like folic acid, amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E which are the right nutritional requirement to boost brain power. It is also one of the best health benefits of moringa seeds.
6. Protects The Liver:
It has a very high amount of polyphenols that shield the liver against toxicity and oxidative damage, thereby protecting it.
7. Heals Wounds Faster:
Each part of the moringa plant helps with blood clotting and it quickly heals scratches, cuts and wounds when topically applied or consumed.
8. Has Antibacterial And Antifungal Properties:
Moringa leaf and its seed have the power to boost immunity. The seed is effective in fighting against fungal infections, urine infections and digestive-related problems.
- nutritionWhat Are Stone Fruits And Why You Should Avoid Eating Their Seeds?
- wellness11 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Tea And How To Make It
- nutritionBasil (Sabja, Tukmaria) Seeds: Nutrition, Health Benefits And How To Use
- nutrition8 Surprising Health Benefits Of Mango Seeds
- nutrition10 Lesser Known Health Benefits Of Tahini
- nutrition12 Benefits Of Passion Fruit Seeds For Skin, Hair And Health
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Orange Seeds That You Must Know
- nutritionTomato Seeds: Benefits And Side Effects
- nutrition9 Fantastic Health Benefits Of Watermelon Seeds
- wellnessDo You Know These 10 Health Benefits Of Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus)?
- nutritionTop Foods Rich In Calcium
- nutrition8 Surprising Health Benefits Of Jackfruit Seeds