- 3 hrs ago Qubool Hai Actress Surbhi Jyoti Wows In Peach Flared Ruffle Dress In Her Latest Photoshoot
- 6 hrs ago Ananya Pandey Shares Her Mother's 3-Ingredient DIY Face Mask To Get Fresh And Glowing Skin
- 7 hrs ago Happy Birthday Rashmika Mandanna: Her Top 5 Versatile Fashionable Outfits
- 7 hrs ago What Are Ventilators And Why Are They Important For COVID-19 Patients?
- Sports Lockdown days: Archer Tarundeep Rai builds muscles to stay in shape for third Olympics
- News Anti-parasitic drug kills coronavirus within 48 hours in lab grown cells: Study
- Automobiles New BMW R 18 Cruiser Production-Spec Model Unveiled: To Rival The Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe
- Technology Paytm Offering 50% Cashback On 4G Add-On Packs
- Movies Neha Pendse On Lockdown Being Compared To Bigg Boss: ‘BB Is True Hell, This Is La-la Land’
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
It is a general belief among most of us that anything that is sweet is not that healthy. I am sure most of you agree with it. But there is one sweet dried fruit that is actually healthy. Yes, it is dates.
Also known as khajoor in certain parts of the country, the health benefits of dates are plenty and there are several reasons why you should eat dates, especially during the winter season. Dates contain all the essential nutrients - vitamins, minerals, calcium, iron, potassium, natural glucose and fibre that are required to keep the body warm.
Also Read: Benefits Of Dates For Weight Loss
Dates are also one of the main fruits that are widely used by the Muslim community to break their fast during the Ramzan month. It helps in providing quick energy to the body that ir requires after the fasting.
Also Read: Why Dates Should Be Eaten During Ramzan
Not just this, dates are equally good for those who are on a weight-loss regime.
Here are a few reasons why you should eat dates during the winter season. Take a look:
1. Provides Warmth To The Body:
Dates are a good source of fibre, iron, calcium, vitamins and magnesium. It helps in keeping the body warm. Dates are highly recommended for winters.
2. Helps Treat Cold:
If you are suffering from cold then take 2-3 pieces of dates, a few pieces of pepper, 1-2 cardamoms and then boil them. Drink this before going to bed. It helps in treating cold effectively.
3. Helps Treat Asthma:
Asthma is one of the common problems that is triggered during winters. Taking 1-2 dates every morning and evening helps in reducing the asthma trigger.
4. Boosts Energy:
Dates consist of natural sugars that help in providing instant energy. Eating a few dates whenever you feel helps boost the energy level.
5. Helps Treat Constipation:
Dates are rich in fibre content. Take a few dates and soak them in a glass of water overnight. Crush the dates and drink the dates syrup early in the morning on an empty stomach. It helps in treating constipation.
6. Good For Heart:
Dates are rich in fibre and help in keeping the heart healthy. It helps in keeping the heart rate in control and thus prevents the risk of heart attack, especially during the cold weather conditions.
7. Good For Arthritis:
Dates are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. These help in easing arthritis pain which is very common during the winter. Just eat a handful of dates every day.
8. Reduces Blood Pressure:
Dates are rich in magnesium and potassium, the two ingredients that help in reducing the blood pressure. Eating about 5-6 dates every day helps.