Bananas are among the healthiest fruits but still, it isn't a good option for breakfast. Eating a banana on empty stomach might not be healthy.
Though bananas seem to be the easiest breakfast option that can boost energy levels, they have their own drawbacks too.
Though bananas offer healthy fibre, potassium and magnesium, there are some reasons to avoid them for breakfast and eat them during other parts of the day. Here are the reasons.
Is Sugar The Problem?
Why bananas aren't a good breakfast option? Well, they are loaded with sugar. They may result in a sugar rush which will also cause a sugar crash after some time. Of course, the sugar in bananas is natural sugar but still, the spikes in the blood sugar levels are not safe.
If you consume a banana along with another food that contains healthy fat then it is comparatively safer as a breakfast option.
Will You Feel Drowsy?
If you consume only bananas alone for breakfast then you may feel sluggish and drowsy after some time. You will feel full for a short while.
Can You Eat It On Empty Stomach?
Health experts say that bananas are slightly acidic and they are nearly 25% sugar. Therefore, on an empty stomach, bananas aren't a good idea.
Fermentation Of Sugar
What's the problem with sugar? Well, sugars need to be processed in the body. Sugars are generally fermented and in that process they may turn acidic. Even the digestive system may get affected.
Can You Eat It With Yoghurt?
Is there a way to still eat bananas in the morning? Yes, add it to a bowl of yoghurt. Or consume a teaspoon of peanut butter along with it. This can reduce the acidic levels and also prevent fluctuations in sugar levels.
Can You Eat It With Avocado?
You can also eat an avocado for healthy fat along with the banana. This may help you derive the benefits of fibre, magnesium and potassium without having to experience the spikes in blood sugar.
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Banana And Date Smoothie For Increasing Iron In The Body
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Apple & Banana Smoothie For Weight Loss And Increasing Hemoglobin
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Benefits Of Spinach, Banana, And Date Smoothie For Boosting Iron
- Beauty Benefits Of Banana For Hair And Skin
- Should You Eat Banana In The Morning On An Empty Stomach
- Best Time To Eat Banana For Weight Loss
- Moisturizing Masks To Tackle Extremely Flaky Scalp
- 12 Foods That Are High In Manganese
- 9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- 11 Foods That Are High In Magnesium
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- How To Make Banana And Jam Cake Recipe