- 2 hrs ago 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- 9 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 9 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 10 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Movies Aamir Khan Is Unrecognisable In His New Look From The Sets Of Laal Singh Chaddha
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Technology OnePlus Exporting 5G Smartphones From India: Report
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Beans are very nutritious; no doubt about it. But overeating them could cause certain issues. But let us first talk about the good side of beans.
Also Read: What Happens If You Eat Salmon?
They are rich in protein, fibre, zinc, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, magnesium, copper and even iron. They are low in cholesterol, sodium and fat. They contain amino acids and they are a good source of protein for those who hate meat.
Also Read: Health Goals You Must Set After 30
But the problem with beans is more about digestion. Have you ever felt heavy after eating beans? Well, it could cause gastrointestinal issues. That isn't the only drawback; there are more. Here are they:
Dry peas, beans and some lentils contain purine which may raise uric acid levels. This could be a problem to those who suffer from gout.
If you are under BP medication, then eating fava beans isn't advisable as they are said to interfere with the drugs.
The problem with soy beans is that, they could slow down the absorption of beta-carotene, vitamin D and vitamin B12. If you eat soy beans, it is important to eat leafy vegetables and fruits to get those vitamins.
As beans don't come with all essential amino acids, you may need to eat other foods to get those. Also, it is better to eat beans with rice.
In some people, beans could also trigger a migraine attack and in some others, they may cause food allergy.
Digesting the fibre content in beans is not a small thing for your body. In some people, beans may also cause gastrointestinal issues. You may need to workout and drink lots of water to help your body digest beans.
The iron content present in beans is difficult to be absorbed by the body. So, you may need to eat them along with lemon. Vitamin C could boost the absorption of iron.