- 1 hr ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 3 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 4 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 4 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Always wanted Dhoni to bat up the order: Sourav Ganguly
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Movies Sridevi’s Last Film Mom Turns 3; Netizens Call It One Of The Best Thrillers Of Bollywood
- News Coronavirus: West Bengal to club containment, buffer zones; enforce tougher lockdown from July 9
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Are you a fan of the tasty fruit - banana? If yes, surely, at some point you may have wondered if bananas are fattening or actually healthy, right?
Statistics show that the number of people who love bananas exceeds the number of people who do not fancy the fruit at all.
So, it is safe to say that bananas are quite popular among the masses! Who does not enjoy a good banana split sundae or a thick banana milkshake, right?
However, just like with any other food, banana too is surrounded by a lot of myths and facts that can confuse people when it comes to is nutritional values and health benefits.
Banana is a fruit that is rich in potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, magnesium, fibre and also fats.
Many a times, people are advised to refrain from consuming bananas, especially if they want to lose weight, as people feel that bananas can be fattening.
So, the question is, "is banana healthy or fattening?" Let us find out!
Is Banana Fattening?
Bananas contain about 105 calories, and certain amount of fats and sucrose; however, the amount of fat and sucrose present in bananas is not enough to make you gain weight drastically, unless you are eating the fruit in excess!
However, bananas do contain more amount of fat and sucrose in comparison with other fruits such as oranges or apples.
So, as long as you are eating bananas in limited quantities, you do not really have to worry about weight gain!
Is Banana Healthy?
Banana is rich in various nutrients and vitamins, as mentioned earlier in the article, so it can make an extremely healthy fruit that has numerous health benefits.
The rich potassium and vitamin B6 content in bananas can boost your energy levels and also treat depression, as proven scientifically!
In addition, bananas can also provide relief from constipation, as they are rich in fibre content.
The rich vitamin C content in bananas can boost your immune system and keep you free from diseases!
So, banana is in fact an extremely healthy fruit, overall!