- 50 min ago Daily Horoscope: 04 March 2021
- 11 hrs ago Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- 11 hrs ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Things You Must Not Offer To Lord Shiva On This Day
- 11 hrs ago Vidya Balan’s Chic And Stylish Purple And Red Indo-Western Outfits Will Help You Rock This Wedding Season
- Technology Most Rated Samsung Smartphones On Amazon In India
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- News TN election: In talks with 'like-minded' parties for alliance, says Kamal Haasan
- Sports India vs England: Pitch looks very similar to last Test: Root
- Automobiles 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
You must know how to eat less at festivals. You need to have a strategy. Otherwise, you will regret celebrating all the festivals in the year. Most of us would love to munch all the festival special dishes and that is why we wait for festivals. But the next day, we tend to regret overeating when the excess calories start showing up in the midsection. So, are there any tips to eat less? Of course, yes.
Consuming less is all about controlling your carvings. But if you are not able to control your cravings then here are some ideas that explain how to eat less. Some of them may work well and some others might not work well. Focus on the ideas that work well for you. Most of the time, we overeat without knowing. So, these ideas help you to eat less without realising that you are eating less. That is why they might work well. Try them out.
Eat in a very small plate
Yes, this makes a lot of difference. Eating in a big plate generally makes you eat a lot. If you try to serve less on a big plate, the empty space in the plate makes you think that you have served yourself less food and you will keep adding more food to fill the plate. This is one of the best tips to eat less.
Try to consume at least 25% lesser than your regular consumption. On Pongal, you tend to have festival special dishes at home. Such foods are generally high in calories. So, cutting your portion size would still be equal to your daily intake.
How to eat less? Well, drink enough water. This will help you feel full. But don't start drinking kheer in the place of water as it is high in calories.
Consume a protein rich breakfast on Pongal
How to eat less? Well, a breakfast that is high on protein will help you curb your cravings for some time. This will help you consume less when the pongal-special dishes are served to you.
Taste all the dishes
A good idea is to taste all the dishes in small quantities so that your family members will not be disappointed.
Don't try the 6-small-meals plan on Pongal
The problem with this plan is that your small meals will end up being big as the Pongal dishes are too tasty to eat in small quantities. So, go for 3 meals on that day instead of 6 meals.
If all the Pongal dishes are kept in front of you, it would be tough to control yourself. A good plan is to go out for a movie and come back home in the evening. This will help you escape the temptation of all those yummy foods.
Don't watch TV
On the day of Pongal, all TV channels generally come up with many special programs. If you sit and watch all of those programs while eating, you will surely accumulate a lot of fat.
How to eat less calories on Pongal? Well, here is the best idea. Eat a few peanuts or walnuts and drink some water. You can curb your appetite for some time using this method. But ensure that you don't end up eating too many nuts.
Do some work
It is good to eat less on rest days. Actually, Pongal is a holiday for you. A good way to avoid weight gain is to engage in some activity. Choose a pending task and finish it. You can work in your garden or wash your car. It can be anything that burns your additional calories.