- News PIL challenging renaming of Allahabad to Prayagraj: SC issues notice to UP govt
- Technology Black Shark Joins Hands With Tencent Games For Its Upcoming Gaming Smartphone
- Finance HDFC Bank Shares Tank Over 1% On Higher Provisioning In Q3FY20
- Movies IT'S OFFICIAL! Karan Johar To Present Vijay Deverakonda's VD10 With Puri Jagannadh; Read Deets
- Sports KL Rahul set to continue as wicketkeeper-batsman for a while: Virat Kohli
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Almond can be eaten raw or toasted and is also a component of various dishes. It is available in many forms like sliced, almond butter, almond milk and almond oil. But the best way to eat almonds is raw soaked in water for few hours. Lets look at the nutritional benefits of almonds:
1.Lower cholesterol: These small brown nuts are a rich source of energy and nutrients. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acids which lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase the HDL (good cholesterol) levels. Therefore it reduces the chances of heart attacks and other heart diseases by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
2.Prevents cancer: As the nut is low in saturated fat and rich in nutrients like calcium and magnesium, it builds strong bones. Its contains about 25 g per 100 g (about 170% of RDA) of vitamin E, a powerful lipid soluble antioxidants required to maintain cell membranes and protects the skin from harmful oxygen free radicals.
3.Phytochemicals helps protect against cancer and cardiovascular diseases. An effective nutritional benefit of almond.
4.Prevents osteoporosis: 20-25 almonds (an ounce) contains as much calcium as that of a ¼ cup of milk thus preventing chances of osteoporosis.
5.Almonds are a rich source of B-complex group of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, folates and vitamin B-6. These work as co-factors for enzymes during cellular substrate metabolism.
6.Another nutritional benefits of almonds is found on pregnant women as it is a great source of folic acid.
7.Phosphorus in the nuts build strong bones and teeth.
8.One of the benefits of almond is its oil extracts provide relief to strained muscles.
9.Sweet almond oil is one of the most popular essential oils used in aromatherapy.
10.Almond oil if applied on hair fosters hair growth and improves hair quality.
So, eat 2-5 pieces of almonds daily as excessive consumption of it can cause constipation.