- Technology Best smartphones with fingerprint sensor available under Rs. 5,000
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- News Delhi weather: Dry weather likely in capital, Heat to ramp up next week
- Automobiles Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
For humans, citric acid plays an important role in the regulating the size of calcium crystals in the bone. It also keeps a check on the rate of glycolysis. Therefore is is important that we include the right amount of this acid in our diet to keep our bones strong.
Check out some of the natural citric acid sources:
Fruits: Limes, lemon and oranges contain the highest amount of natural citric acid. This gives a tangy and sour taste to these fruits. The juices of these fruits are used as natural preservatives, thus not causing any side-effects to the body.
Berries: Almost all types of berries such as cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, gooseberries, cherries etc. contain slight amounts of natural citric acid within them.
Other Fruits: Tamarind and pineapples are other fruits that consist of this organic acid. Consuming pineapple juice helps in reducing mucus in the respiratory system.
Vegetables: Lettuce and tomatoes are a rich source of natural citric acid.
These are some of the natural citric acid sources. Let's have a look at the benefits of this acid on our health.
1.Citric acid is helps in naturally breaking down kidney stones and balance the acid content in urine.
2.During illness, consumption of juices that contain this acid, helps in controlling bowel movements as well as preventing constipation.
3.One form of the acid, i.e. citrated calcium carbamide is sometimes used to treat alcoholic patients.
4.Potassium citrate, another form of this acid is injected in the body to reduce the heart's contractions, thus reducing the difficulty of performing an open-heart surgery.
Note: Citric acid may have adverse effects on people suffering from heartburn.