- 13 hrs ago Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- 13 hrs ago Daughter’s Day 2020: Here’s What You Can Do For Your Princess
- 14 hrs ago Neha Dhupia’s Work-From-Home Outfit Is For Those Who Don’t Want To Compromise On Style And Comfort
- 14 hrs ago Do You Constantly Throw Away Food? Here Are 21 Tips To Reduce Food Waste
- Technology Asus ExpertBook P2451F Review: Business Minded Laptop
- Sports Inter 4-3 Fiorentina: Lukaku and D'Ambrosio steal Ribery's thunder in San Siro thriller
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up Again For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Pimples are the unsightly annoying bumps that many people fear of having because they cause pain, irritation and often leave a mark on the skin. Pimples usually develop on the face, back and chest, but sometimes they do appear inside the ear. When the pimples form in the ear, they may or may not contain pus.
But why do pimples appear in the ear? The most common cause is excess secretion of oil from the oil glands and the other causes are infection due to ear piercings, poor hygiene, increased stress levels, allergic reaction to hair products and so on.
Fortunately, there are many natural remedies to get rid of pimples from the ear and relieve you from the pain.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Ear Pimples
1. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a well-known ingredient when it comes to treating pimples. It possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat pimples and also reduce the swelling .
- Dilute 1 tsp of tea tree oil with 9 tsps of water and mix well.
- With the help of a cotton ball apply this mixture on the pimple.
2. Hot compress
Hot compress can help shrink the pimple inside the ear and bring relief from pain and inflammation. The heat opens up the pores, which pushes the pimple closer to the skin's surface and this allows the pus to come out.
- Soak a cotton ball in lukewarm water and apply it on the pimple for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this four times a day.
3. Rubbing alcohol
Alcohol acts as an antiseptic and disinfectant agent that helps treat pimple inside the ear .
- Apply a small amount of alcohol to a cotton ball.
- Gently pat the cotton around the pimple.
- Do this twice a day.
4. Green tea
Green tea contains antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can treat and heal the pimple affected area and reduce inflammation .
- Dip a green tea bag in hot water for a minute.
- Remove the bag from the water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place it on the pimple for 10 minutes.
- Do this twice a day.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties which can treat pimples and open up the clogged pores.
- Soak a cotton ball in small amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Dab it on the pimple and leave it on for a minute or two.
- Do this thrice a day.
6. Onion juice
Onions contain antioxidants that can help lower inflammation caused by pimples in the ear. Applying the juice of onion will treat and prevent ear pimples from recurring.
- Blend an onion in the blender.
- Extract the juice through a sieve.
- Dab small amounts of onion juice onto a cotton ball and apply it on the pimple.
Basil is used to treat pimples; thanks to its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Oil from the leaves of basil aids in cleaning the skin and eliminating dirt and impurities that clog pores .
- Crush a handful of basil leaves to extract the juice.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply this juice on the ear pimple.
The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of garlic can help treat ear pimples by alleviating the severity of pain and reducing irritation .
- Peel 2 garlic cloves and lightly press it.
- Heat the garlic cloves in 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Strain the oil and allow it to cool.
- Apply this oil on the pimple and leave it for a few minutes.
- Do it twice daily.
9. Witch hazel
The witch hazel plant is known for its astringent, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that can help fight acne and inflammation on the skin .
- Dip a cotton ball in witch hazel extract and squeeze out the excess.
- Apply it gently inside the ear.
- Do this twice a day.
10. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide has the ability to kill bacteria-causing acne due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties .
Soak the cotton ball in small amounts of hydrogen peroxide for a minute.
- Squeeze out the excess solution and apply it on the pimple.
- Repeat this few times a day.
Dr Sneha points out, "Hydrogen Peroxide is available in different concentrations (owing to its varied uses). Please use the 3% topical solution to be on the safer side."