- 3 hrs ago Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- 5 hrs ago When Lord Rama Met Shabri: Know About The Nine Levels Of Hindu Devotion
- 7 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 27 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News Without India, China holds first Indian Ocean Region meet with 19 countries
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI: Highlights, Post-Match Presentation as match gets washed out in Hamilton
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Geojit Recommends Accumulate This Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Robust Gains, Target Price Rs 634
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
As someone who suffers from epilepsy, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Dangal fame, raised awareness of the disease on social media in the event of National Epilepsy Awareness Month. On Sunday, 13 November, she shared her experience, asking others who suffer from epilepsy to do the same.
"It's epilepsy month. Share your story, struggle, challenges Or just ask. "
Additionally, Fatima said that since she discovered the condition, she has not hidden it from her directors. She explained that she tells every filmmaker before signing a project about her condition.
Her fear of the disease has now been overcome with the support of directors, friends and colleagues within the industry. The actress further commented that she had received immense support from all of these people.
"I came to know about my epilepsy while shooting for Dangal. I had an episode during practice, lost my senses and opened my eyes in the hospital. I kept ignoring it for the first five years. But now I have to be careful about it," shared the actress who was recently seen in Anil Kapoor's Thar and the lovable Lali in Modern Love Mumbai.
What Is Epilepsy?
A common neurological disorder, epilepsy affects 65 million people around the world. It is estimated that there are more than 10 million persons with epilepsy (PWE) in India, and various studies point out that the overall prevalence of epilepsy in India is 5.59-10 per 1000 people .
In 50 per cent of the people, there is no specific identifiable cause, and in the other half, the condition may be linked to various factors such as genetic influences, serious illnesses, vascular diseases, maternal drug abuse etc.
On A Final Note...
Epilepsy is more common in young children and older adults and occurs slightly more in males than in females. There's no cure for epilepsy, but medications can manage the disorder. Epilepsy can develop at any age. However, diagnosis usually occurs in early childhood or after age 60.
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022: B'Town Divas Inspire Us With Rich And Resplendent Royal Blue Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeFatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Two Stunning Outfits: Which Look Do You Like More?
- make up tipsEid ul-Fitr 2021: Janhvi Kapoor, Nora Fatehi And Fatima Sana Shaikh Inspired Subtle Makeup Ideas For Festival
- bollywood wardrobeEid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- bollywood wardrobeAjeeb Daastaans Promotions: Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays In Skirt, Top And Boots; Here Are 5 Styling Tips To Note!
- bollywood wardrobeAjeeb Daastaans Promotions: Fatima Sana Shaikh’s INR 22,990 Maxi Dress Is Worth It; Here’s Why!
- bollywood wardrobeYour White Dress Edit Ft. Urvashi Dholakia And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- bollywood wardrobeYour Stylish Summer Saree Looks Ft. Fatima Sana Shaikh, Rubina Dilaik, And Mithila Palkar
- bollywood wardrobeAjeeb Daastaans Promotions: Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In A Red Bandhani Semi-Formal Outfit
- bollywood wardrobeRoohi Screening: Rajkummar Rao, Nushrat Bharucha And Other Celebs Make Fashion Statement In Their Chic Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Fatima Sana Shaikh: The 5 Stunning Traditional Outfits Of The Ludo Actress
- bollywood wardrobeFatima Sana Shaikh, Shweta Tripathi And Gauahar Khan’s Latest Outfits - Pick Your Favourite!