- 1 hr ago Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day: Childhood Arthritis (Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis) Signs To Watch Out For
- 2 hrs ago Mahashivratri 2023: Follow These Dos And Don'ts To Appease Lord Shiva
- 2 hrs ago Eating Grapes May Reduce Risk Of Sunburn: How Many Should You Eat?
- 3 hrs ago Realising Your Ignorance Is The First Step You Take Towards Knowledge
- Finance NBFC Stock Hits New 52-Week High After Declaring Dividend, Gets Buy Call For Upside
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Anupamaa Actor Roots For Sumbul Touqeer; Says ‘Uski Energy Bahut Achi Hai’
- Sports Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny set to miss months with Knee Injury
- News Prophet Muhammad, Jesus Christ's ancestors were Sanatani Hindus: Shankaracharya Swami
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
- Technology Motorola Moto Edge 40 Pro Renders Leak: 6.67-Inch Curved OLED Display, SD8 Gen2 SoC Expected
- Education SMIT Admission 2023: Registration Started; Check Details Here
The Novel Coronavirus 2019 also known as COVID-19, nCov-2019 and SARS-COV-2, or the Wuhan virus is a severe acute respiratory syndrome first found in the city of Wuhan in China on 31 December 2019. Coronavirus spreads through human contact or contact with infected surfaces, and mainly through droplets in the air. The Coronavirus HELPLINE NUMBERS are 1075 / 1800112545 / +91-11-23978046. The HELPLINE EMAIL ADDRESS: ncov2019[at]gmail[dot]com. Catch all the latest updates on Coronavirus outbreak in the live blog here.
- India Reports 474 New Covid Cases, Lowest In 2.5 Years
India recorded 474 new coronavirus infections, the lowest since April 6, 2020, taking the total tally of Covid cases to 4,46,67,398, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Tuesday. - NDTV
- Omicron Subvariant BQ.1 Found In Pune
On October 17, India detected its first case of Omicron's BQ.1 subvariant in a sample of a patient from Pune. The BQ.1 is a descendant of BA.5, which is behind the 60 per cent COVID cases in the United States (US), as per reports. - ANI
- Omicron Subvariant BF.7 Found In India
The Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre has recently reported that the first case of Omicron subvariant BF.7 in India has been detected. Due to the emergence of these new subvariants, capable of surpassing immunity from previous infections and vaccinations, precautions must be taken before the forthcoming Diwali festivities. Read more at: https://www.boldsky.com/health/disorders-cure/omicron-bf-7-in-india-risk-of-fresh-wave-during-diwali-what-you-should-know-142695.html
- India Logs 3,011 New COVID-19 Cases In 24 Hours
India reports 3,011 fresh Covid-19 cases in 24 hours.
- Cricketer Mohammed Shami Tests Positive For COVID-19
Cricketer Mohammed Shami has tested positive for COVID-19.
- India Logs 5,221 New Coronavirus Infections
India logged 5,221 new coronavirus infections taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,45,00,580, while the active cases dipped to 47,176, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on September 12. Read more at: https://www.oneindia.com/india/indias-active-covid-cases-slip-to-47176-3460564.html
- India Reports 9,436 New COVID-19 Cases
With 9,436 new COVID-19 cases being reported in a day, India's tally of infections rose to 4,44,08,132, while the count of active cases has declined to 86,591, according to Union Health Ministry data updated on Sunday, August 28. Read more at: https://www.oneindia.com/india/india-reports-9436-new-covid-19-cases-active-caseload-stands-at-86591-3453991.html?story=1
- Amitabh Bachchan Tests Positive For COVID-19 For The Second Time
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan took to social media on Tuesday (August 23) to inform fans that he has tested positive for COVID-19. He also urged everyone who came in contact with him to get tested for the virus. The actor posted on his Twitter handle, "I have just tested CoViD + positive. All those that have been in my vicinity and around me, please get yourself checked and tested also." He also took to his blog and wrote, "Informing all .. I have just tested CoViD + positive. More later.." Read more at Filmibeat: https://www.filmibeat.com/bollywood/news/2022/amitabh-bachchan-tests-positive-for-covid-19-for-the-second-time-339485.html
- Delhi Reports 1,964 New COVID Cases In 24 Hours
Delhi has reported 1,964 new COVID cases in the last 24 hours.
- Actress Shefali Shah Tests Positive For COVID-19
Actress Shefali Shah recently took to her social media handles to reveal that she has tested positive for COVID-19. She said that she has isolated herself after her tests for the virus came positive. Read more at: https://www.filmibeat.com/bollywood/2022/shefali-shah-tests-positive-for-covid-19-actress-is-under-home-quarantine-339190.html
- COVID-Positive Tahlia McGrath Allowed To Play CWG 2022
Australia's Tahlia McGrath was allowed to play CWG 2022 cricket final against India despite testing positive for COVID-19, amid criticism.
- Lockdown In China's City Sanya After 263 Fresh COVID Case
Tourists have been stuck and under lockdown in China's Sanya city after 263 fresh COVID cases were reported. Sanya is the country's beach hotspot.
- India Reports Over 20,000 New COVID Cases And 70 Deaths
India has reported 20,551 new COVID-19 cases and 70 deaths.
- India Logs Over 20,000 New COVID Cases
India registered 20,409 new COVID-19 cases with 47 deaths in the last 24 hours, the Union Health Ministry data on Friday said.
- US President Joe Biden Has COVID
US President Joe Biden, who turned COVID-positive a few days ago, is now in a better health condition. His condition has improved significantly, according to his doctors, except for a sore throat.
- Filmmaker Mani Ratnam Tests Positive For COVID-19, Hospitalised In Chennai
Tamil filmmaker Mani Ratnam has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been hospitalised in Chennai, say reports.
- Singapore Reports 2 Cases Of Omicron BA.2.75 Subvariant
Two people with recent travel history to India have tested positive for Omicron subvariant BA.2.75 in Singapore, according to media reports. The Ministry of Health (MOH) said both individuals had recently travelled to India and had immediately self-isolated after testing positive for COVID-19. They have since fully recovered, the ministry added. The BA.2.75 subvariant, which is nicknamed Centaurus, was first detected in India in early May, according to a media report here. Since then, cases of the new Omicron subvariant have been reported in nearly 10 other countries, including the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Germany and Canada. "There is currently no evidence to indicate that BA.2.75 has substantially different virulence or severity compared to its Omicron predecessors," the MOH said on Saturday. It added that as of Thursday, the World Health Organization (WHO) has classified BA.2.75 as an Omicron subvariant under monitoring. Meanwhile, the city state also reported 9,153 new COVID-19 cases as of noon on Saturday, comprising 8,691 local infections and 462 imported cases. Three new fatalities raised the death toll from coronavirus to 1,450, according to a Channel News Asia report. Singapore has recorded 1,589,099 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic. - PTI
- India Logs Over 20,000 New COVID Cases
India logged a single-day rise of 20,038 new coronavirus infections, pushing the tally of cases to 4,37,10,027, while the count of active cases of the disease has increased to 1,39,073, according to Union Health Ministry data updated on Friday, July 15. - As reported on NDTV.
- Free Covid Booster Dose For All Adults For 75 Days From July 15
According to official sources, a 75-day special drive will provide free precaution doses of the COVID vaccine to people aged 18 to 59 at government vaccination centres starting 15 July. Read the full report here: https://www.boldsky.com/health/free-booster-covid-19-doses-to-be-given-to-all-adults-above-18-yrs-from-15-july-141540.html
- India Logs 16,906 New Covid Cases, 45 Deaths In 24 Hours
New Delhi: India recorded 16,906 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of coronavirus to 4,36,69,850. The death count climbed to 5,25,519 with 45 new fatalities in the last 24 hours, reports NDTV.
- Pakistani Actress Mawra Hocane Tests Positive For COVID
Pakistani actor Mawra Hocane says she has tested positive for the novel coronavirus and is currently under isolation, reports PTI.
- India Logs 16,159 New COVID-19 Cases, 28 Covid Deaths In 24 Hours
India logged 16,159 new coronavirus infections taking the total tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,35,47,809, while the active cases increased to 1,15,212, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated today, as reported by NDTV. The death count climbed to 5,25,270 with 28 new fatalities, the data updated at 8 am stated.
- Macau Locks Down Landmark Lisboa Hotel After COVID Cases Found
Macau has locked down one of the city's most famous hotels, the Grand Lisboa, after more than a dozen COVID-19 cases were found there on Tuesday, with infections spreading rapidly in the world's biggest gambling hub. At least 16 other buildings across the special Chinese administrative region are also under restrictions with no one allowed to exit or enter. Authorities reported 146 new infections on Wednesday taking the total to more than 1,000 cases since mid-June. More than 14,000 people are in quarantine as the city battles to contain its biggest outbreak since the pandemic began. Macau had largely been COVID-free since an outbreak in October 2021. - As reported by Reuters.
- India Reports 13,086 Fresh COVID Cases, 19 Deaths In Last 24 Hours
India recorded 13,086 new cases of the novel coronavirus, along with 19 deaths due to the infection in the past 24 hours. According to the data shared by the Union Health Ministry on Tuesday (July 5), the country saw a total of 12,456 discharges in the last 24 hours, taking the total recovery rate at around 98.53 per cent and total recoveries data reached to 4,28,91,933, reports India TV.
- Sri Lanka Bowler Jayawickrama Tests COVID-19 Positive
Sri Lanka spinner Praveen Jayawickrama has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of the second Test against Australia, the island nation's cricket board said Monday. - As reported on AFP.
- COVID Protocol Back In Chennai Amid Spike In Cases, Guidelines Issued For Shopping Malls
Due to the rise in COVID cases for three consecutive days, the Chennai Corporation has made wearing of masks mandatory in all public places. The corporation has also directed all shopping malls, movie theatres and places of worship to ensure that huge crowds do not gather.
- Nikki Tamboli Tests Positive For COVID-19
Nikki Tamboli has tested positive for COVID-19. The actress took to her Instagram account to reveal the same and added that she has 'heavy symptoms'. She mentioned in her post that she is under quarantine and urged people to wear masks and follow COVID-19 protocols. Read more at: https://www.filmibeat.com/television/news/2022/nikki-tamboli-tests-positive-for-covid-19-with-heavy-symptoms-actress-urges-people-to-wear-masks-337098.html
- Maharashtra Politicians Ajit Pawar And Chhagan Bhujbal Test Positive For COVID-19
After former Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari, the state's Deputy CM Ajit Pawar and cabinet minister Chhagan Bhujbal tested positive for Coronavirus.
- Kerala Reinforces Mask Mandate In View Of Rising COVID-19 Cases
Kerala has reinforced the mask mandate in view of the rising COVID-19 cases and mortality rate, and there will be a fine for not wearing a mask.
- BioNTech, Pfizer To Start Testing Universal Vaccine For COVID-19
BioNTech, Pfizer to start testing the universal vaccine for coronaviruses, reports Reuters.
The Novel Coronavirus that originated in China in December 2019, eventually spread to almost every country in the world, with the highest number of cases in USA, Brazil, India, France, Italy, the UK, and several others. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Coronavirus as a pandemic. COVID-19 has been continuing its spread for two years, with several countries experiencing the fourth wave by 2021 end and the beginning of 2022. The virus continues to cause havoc with its multiple variants. However, the vaccination doses have reduced the severity and fatalities.
India went into lockdown on 25 March 2020, and a further lockdown in phases throughout 2020 and 2021. India experienced a second wave of COVID-19 March 2021 onwards and it was extremely severe. A third wave of COVID-19 was seen in India through December 2021-February 2022. As of April 2022, a mild fourth wave of COVID-19 has begun in India, even as the country has opened vaccination centres for the third dose or precaution dose for all adults.
Archived live blog from March 2020:
March 8, 2020 - 03:20 am: In the Chinese city of Quanzhou, a hotel building that was being used as a coronavirus quarantine centre collapsed on March 7, killing 10 people, reports CNN. About 70 people were trapped in the building with 48 being rescued and 23 missing. The reason for the building collapse is not known yet.
March 8, 2020 - 02:39 am: New York has declared a state of emergency, as more than 81 cases of Coronavirus have been found in the state. The death toll due to Coronavirus in the USA has risen to 22.
March 7, 2020 - 10:00 pm: The Maldives has confirmed two cases of the Novel Coronavirus. The patients are employees of a resort and reportedly got infected after interaction with Italian tourists.
March 7, 2020 - 08:45 pm: In India, a fresh case of Coronavirus has been reported in the state of Tamil Nadu. The 45-year-old man who has been infected had reportedly returned from Oman.
March 7, 08:00 pm: The Department of Telecom (DoT) in India advised telecom operators to incorporate an audio clip in the mobile ringtones that would offer awareness messages on Coronavirus. Mobile operators have followed the instruction, with some operators exempting those users from the Coronavirus ringtone who have subscribed for special tones.
- disorders-cureALSO READ: Novel Coronavirus: All Questions Answered Related To The Outbreak Of COVID-19
- disorders cureCOVID Pneumonia Reappearing: Everything About The Symptoms, Causes And Prevention
- basicsWhat Are The Effects Of Covid-19 During Pregnancy On Child Development?
- disorders cureIndia May See A Covid Surge In January, Next 40 Days Crucial; Here Is How To Protect Yourself From COVID-19
- disorders cureBF.7 Covid Outbreak: New Variant Will Not Lead To Another Major Wave In India; Why?
- disorders cureCOVID 19: Omicron Subvariant BF.7 Symptoms, Transmissibility & Precautions
- wellnessBats Are Not Immune To The New COVID-19 Strains, Study
- healthWHO Reports 90% Of The World's Population Is Immune To COVID
- healthCOVID-19: China's Daily COVID Tally Surpasses 30,000 For The First Time Since 2019
- disorders cureCOVID Can Trigger Parkinson's Disease: Study
- disorders cureCommon COVID Symptoms In Fully Vaccinated Individuals: What You Should Know
- wellnessMild COVID Linked To Life-Threatening Blood Clots, Increased Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease; Study
- wellnessCOVID-19 Variants In India: New COVID Variant May Pose Threat To Elderly People