Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that occurs in humans and can affect emotional and social well-being. It can be mild or severe and the magnitude of pain varies from one person to another.
The causes of pain are:
1) Muscle knots - They are muscle spasms that cause pain all through the body and can grow with time if not treated.
2) Sensitization - Some people are sensitive to touch, be it mild or otherwise and thus, they can also be sensitive to pain.
3) Brain pain - Sometimes, brain amplifies the pain as a result of stress, anxiety and fear.
4) Vitamin D deficiency - Vitamin deficiency is a common condition that can cause subtle widespread pain and is characterised by symptoms like muscle and bone ache, fatigue and weakness.
5) Muscle tension - Ordinary muscle tension can cause surprising amount of pain, as in the leg or foot cramps.
6) Poor posture - Pain can also be caused if you sit or stand in an awkward position for too long.
7) Drug side effects.
8) Chronic inflammation.
The effects of pain on the body are:
1) High blood pressure
2) Fatigue or weakness
4) Loss of appetite
5) Sleep disorders
6) Mood swings
7) Hormonal imbalances
8) Disruption of daily activities
9) Increase in depression or anxiety
However, pain can be treated the natural way. If you are experiencing pain, then you can ease your pain with the following natural painkillers:
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve nausea, arthritis, headaches, menstrual cramps and muscle soreness. You can consume ginger with vegetables or tea. You can also apply a ginger compress to the pain-affected area.
Turmeric contains a natural compound called curcumin that lowers the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. Turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties and helps to improve blood circulation and prevent blood clotting. It helps ease the pain of sprains, strains, bruises and joint inflammation. Turmeric can be added in curries.
3) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent painkiller that has alkaline effects, which runs through your entire body. It relieves acidity and inflammation in the upper part of the stomach. You can use it as a condiment or add two tablespoons of vinegar to water and consume.
Peppermint is a natural painkiller, which provides relief from toothaches, discomfort from bloating and gas, joint conditions, skin irritations, headaches and muscle pain. Peppermint acts as a cooling effect and absorbs all the heat, thus reducing inflammation and pain.
5) Clove Oil
Clove oil provides instant relief from pain as in the case of toothache. For throat pain, you can mix a few drops of clove oil with warm water and gargle. If you are suffering from muscle and joint pain, you can massage clove oil on the affected area and get an instant relief.
Salt is a natural disinfectant which will also help to heal cuts and scrapes. If you have a sore throat, you can gargle with salt water to get relief from the pain.
Basil has anti-inflammatory properties and can help relieve pain. Basil extracts help reduce swelling in arthritic patients.
8) Heating Pad
Heat therapy increases the flow of healing oxygen and nutrients to the damaged area, and it suppresses the pain signals. You can heat up a warm cloth and use it as a natural heating pad.