Have you been been suffering from cough for long? You might have tried several medications but failed to get the desired results. If this is the condition then you definitely need to try out this homemade natural cough syrup. It helps in providing instant relief from cough.
All that one needs is ginger, honey, water and lemon to prepare this cough syrup. The best part about this cough syrup is that it is made of all natural products; hence, there are no side effects and one can consume it without any second thought.
Also Read: Health Problems Related To Excess Sweating
Continuous coughing for a long period of time often leads to headache, chest pain and stomach pain as well. Ginger is well known since ancient times for its medicinal benefits and is one of the the best known anti-inflammatory agents. Yet another ingredient, honey is rich in vitamins and has anti-bacterial properties.
Lemon, which is rich in vitamins and iron, is also known for its anti-bacterial properties. Hence a combination of all these three ingredients makes a good treatment option for cough.
Here is a simply way that explains the method to prepare cough syrup at home. Have a look.
1. Take a medium size ginger piece and then peel it. Cut it into pieces.
2. Take two lemons, extract their juice and grate the lemon peels.
3. Add both the ginger and grated lemon peels to a pan containing about two glasses of water.
4. Boil it for a few minutes and allow it to cool for a while.
5. Strain the ingredients and keep this solution aside.
6. Take about half a cup of honey and then pour it into a pan; heat it mildly for a while.
7. Add the ginger strained solution as well as the lemon juice extracted earlier.
8. As you heat the solution further, keep stirring it for a few minutes. Allow it to cool for sometime.
Now your homemade natural cough syrup is ready. This cough syrup can be consumed by kids (1-2 teaspoons a day) as well as adults (2-4 teaspoons a day) alike.