- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Are you suffering from prolonged fever, cold, cough, difficulty in breathing, tiredness, vomiting or chest pain? Then you should get it checked immediately. All these could be symptoms of pneumonia.
Once a person is diagnosed with pneumonia he might get several suggestions from friends and relatives to take up this or that form of medication. But of all the treatment measures for pneumonia, adding home remedies as a supplementary treatment have been found effective. It helps better the treatment process.
Also Read: Best Way To Keep Asthma Under Control
Thinking it to be common cold and fever, most of us tend to ignore these symptoms, which is actually a wrong idea. It is always better to get it checked and get the needed treatment done at the correct time before it turns fatal.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Urinary Incontinence
Pneumonia can affect any age group of people, but it is more common among children and the elderly as their immunity levels are quite low as compared to the adults. It is an acute form of respiratory infection that affects the lungs and causes difficulty in breathing. It is mostly caused by bacteria and viruses.
Here is a list of 8 effective home remedies that help in treating pneumonia. Take a look.
1. Sesame Seeds:
Take a few sesame seeds and boil them in a glass of water. Strain it and add a teaspoon of honey, mix it well and then drink it. This helps in clearing the chest and the lungs.
2. Hot Water Steam:
Inhaling hot water steam helps in clearing the chest congestion and breathing. One could also add a few drops of eucalyptus or lavender oil to the hot water and inhale the steam.
Garlic is rich in anti-microbial properties that helps in fighting the bacteria and viruses. It helps in clearing the chest and lungs. Boil a few crushed garlic cloves with a glass of water and milk each. Drink this four 2-3 times a day. It helps.
Turmeric is known since ancient times for its medicinal properties. Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder, mix it along with a glass of warm milk and then drink it twice a day. It helps in clearing the respiratory tract.
5. Basil Leaves:
Take a few basil leaves, crush them and extract the juice, add a pinch of black pepper and have this atleast twice a day. It helps in relieving the lung congestion and is one of the best natural ingredients that aids in the treatment of pneumonia.
6. Oregano Oil:
Known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties, oregano oil helps in fighting the bacteria and viruses that affect the respiratory system. Pour a few drops of oregano oil onto your pillow or a handkerchief before you sleep.
Ginger is known for its antibacterial properties. Take a piece of ginger, crush it and extract its juice. Add a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice to the ginger juice. Mix it well and then have it before you hit the bed. It helps.
Take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, add it to a glass of water, boil it for a while and then drink it about 2-3 times a day. It helps in clearing the chest congestion and thus aids in the treatment of pneumonia.