- Sports India vs West Indies: Shivam Dube slams maiden T20I fifty, Virat Kohli gets lauded for his masterstroke
- News Lata Mangeshkar discharged from hospital, thanks fans for prayers
- Movies Hyderabad Murder Accused Killed In Encounter: Upendra’s Bold Comments Go Viral
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Bloated stomach, abdominal pain, a feeling of uneasiness as you are unable to pass the bowel, are signs that you are seriously suffering from constipation.
If you are looking out for a quick way to get rid of constipation, then there is nothing better than home remedies. Can we use olive oil to treat constipation? I am sure many of you might think this is impossible, but yes it is possible to use olive oil to treat constipation.
Olive oil is one of the best ingredients to treat constipation. It contains monounsaturated fat that helps in improving the bowel movement. It is rich in vitamins E and K, well known for its antioxidant properties that help in providing a soothing effect to the digestive tract. It stimulates the muscles to contract and thus eases the bowel movement.
What exactly causes constipation then? Inadequate intake of water, stress, food that lacks in fibre and certain other eating disorders and having foods that are rich, spicy and oily are few of the major causes of constipation.
Here are the best three ways to use olive oil for constipation. Have a look.
1. Use Olive Oil With Yogurt:
Yoghurt contains good bacteria that help strengthen the lining of the mucus. On the other hand, olive oil contains monounsaturated fat. When mixed, it helps in improving the bowel movement.
Method To Use:
Take one small cup of yoghurt.
Add one tablespoon of olive oil and stir it properly.
Have this olive oil mixed yoghurt at least twice a day.
2. Use Olive Oil With Lemon:
Lemon contains acid. When this is mixed with olive oil that is rich in antioxidants, it helps prevent the colon from getting dried up and eases the bowel movement.
Method To Use:
Squeeze and take one teaspoon of lemon juice.
Take one teaspoon of olive oil and then mix it well.
Have this before going to bed.
3. Consume 1 Teaspoon Of Olive Oil:
If you are one among those who have frequent constipation problems, then having one teaspoon of olive oil on an empty stomach in the morning and one teaspoon before going to bed is recommended. It helps provide relief from constipation. Continue this until the symptoms subside.