- 2 hrs ago Dare To Try! Nia Sharma Rocks The Sleek Pink Eyeliner Look And Sets Major Goals For Summer Season
- 3 hrs ago 13 Inspiring Joker Quotes About Life And Attitude
- 3 hrs ago A Neurosurgeon Explains About Orbital Tumors: Diagnosis, Treatment & Management
- 3 hrs ago COVID-19 Delta Plus Variant: Everything You Need To Know About This Variant Of Concern
- Sports Marijne expects Indian women's hockey team to reach quarterfinals at Tokyo Olympics
- Movies Vijay’s Net Worth, Current Remuneration And Annual Income Will Blow Your Mind!
- Education Won't Allow AP Class 12th Board Exams 2021 Unless Convinced: Supreme Court
- News K'taka HC grants interim relief to Twitter MD in Loni assault case: What we know so far
- Finance Jio And Google Cloud To Collaborate On 5G Technology
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
- Technology Jio Will Be First To Launch 5G Services In India
- Automobiles 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
Helen Keller once rightly said that 'of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful'.
But, in today's rapid life, we hardly take care of our eyes. In fact, most of our activities from staring at the computer screen to checking our tablets or smartphones end up putting a great deal of strain on our eyes and harm their health in totality.
As a result, the incidence rates of people suffering from bad eyesight or sight-threatening conditions has risen drastically.
Also Read: 20 Foods For Better Eyesight
A few decades ago, in maximum cases, bad eyesight was an age-related issue. But, that is not the case anymore. The cases of blurred vision, bad eyesight and other conditions are soaring high and are a cause of concern.
Various factors like genes, bad lifestyle and lack of essential nutrients could be the main culprits behind weak eyesight.
The problem of weak eyesight can be fixed by wearing prescription glasses or contact lenses. Both can cause a great deal of discomfort and, to some extent, hamper your ability to do physical activities.
Also Read: Exercises To Improve Eyesight Naturally
More and more number of people are giving a try to alternative methods of improving eyesight. This involves trying out the home remedies that are known to boost eyesight over a period of time.
So, read on to know more about the inexpensive, safe and reliable home remedies that can significantly improve your eyesight.
Also, a word of caution that if the level of damage to one's eyes is severe, then it is critical to consult a specialist for the best course of action.
1. Eye Exercise:
Eye exercises are the simplest and most effective way of improving eyesight. You can perform simple eye exercises anytime and anywhere. They are great for stimulating blood circulation and making the muscles more flexible.
Almonds are a remarkable source of vitamin E and essential antioxidant agents. Eating almonds every day can improve your eyesight to a great extent. Just soak a few almonds in water overnight and eat them in the morning for healthy eyes.
Amla, aka Indian gooseberry, is a rich source of vitamin C. Its medicinal properties, specially the ones that improve eyesight, are known all over the world. These can be consumed on a regular basis.
4. Sunning And Palming:
The main purpose of this effective technique is to promote flexibility in your eyes lens and muscles. Sunning is great for the healing process and palming lets your eyes to relax. This harmless, inexpensive and simple-to-do technique could be done on a daily basis to get better eyesight.
Fennel seeds are replete with essential nutrients that naturally improve one's eyesight. Moreover, regular consumption of these seeds can prevent infections and keep your vision sharp.
6. Triphala Powder:
This age-old Ayurvedic remedy has been used for centuries to improve eyesight and strengthen the eye muscles. It is also known to prevent eye infections and prevent other conditions like cataract from developing.
7. Healthy Diet:
Having a healthy diet is imperative for improving your eyesight and keeping sight-threatening conditions at bay. Specially, food items rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E can greatly boost your eye's health.