- 8 hrs ago Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- 8 hrs ago Side Effects Of Waxing You Should Know About
- 9 hrs ago Having A Nosebleed? Here's A Guide On How To Stop And Prevent It
- 10 hrs ago B-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calender Launch Event
- News Aadhaar: UIDAI issues notices to 127 people in Hyderabad
- Movies Varane Avashyamund Box Office 10 Days Collection Report: Dulquer Salmaan Strikes Gold Again!
- Finance Global Gold Price Climbs To Its One-Month High; Jumps Rs. 700 On MCX
- Sports Guardiola 'always fulfils his contracts' - agent hints at Man City stay
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Acidity can be caused by an imbalance of the digestive acids produced by the stomach. Acidity is a common problem that affects people of all ages. It is caused by acid reflux and is characterised by uncontrolled burning sensation in the GI tract. The symptoms of acidity include stomach ache, excessive gas, nausea, bad breath, bitter taste, bloating, hiccups, dizziness and burping.
Eating a lot of spicy foods, lack of exercise, alcoholism, irregular eating habits, smoking and stress are some of the reasons that can cause acidity. Heart burn is also associated with acidity.
Our body normally secretes acids that help in the digestive process. This acid assists in breaking down the food during the digestive process. The problem arises when there is excess amount of acid produced in the body. It thus results in this condition called acidity.
Acidity can be treated at home easily by using certain home remedies. Consuming a glass of lukewarm water every day can keep acidity at bay. One should avoid spicy foods and pickles that increase the risk of acidity and heart burn.
In this article, we will share with you some of the natural ways to combat acidity. Read on to know more about it.
Vinegar: Vinegar can be used to treat digestive problems. The acetic acid present in vinegar lowers acidity. Vinegar also maintains the stomach acids. Mix a tablespoon of vinegar with a glass of water and drink it to get a relief from acidity.
Basil: The soothing and carminative properties of basil leaves provide an instant relief from acidity, stomach gas and nausea. Just chew on a few basil leaves and drink some warm water. Do this several times in a day to get relief from acidity.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk tops the list of remedies that treat acidity and heartburn. The lactic acid present in buttermilk neutralises acid reflux. Drinking a glass of buttermilk with a pinch of pepper can treat acidity effectively.
Cumin: Cumin seeds are also a popular remedy to treat acidity and heart burn. Cumin seeds work as a good acid neutraliser. Chewing cumin seeds can aid in the digestion process, relieve stomach ache and give instant relief from acidity.
Cloves: Cloves help to alleviate acidity by increasing the production of saliva and its carminative effect also improves peristalsis. Hence, chew 2-3 cloves on a daily basis to get a good relief from acidity.