- 9 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 10 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 12 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 15 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- Sports Marquez returns to race the rollercoaster
- Technology Step By Step Guide To Unlock And Recover Files From Locked SD Card
- News Delhi to observe Fire Service Week from Wednesday
- Movies Monica Dogra Hosts A Special Screening Of ALTBalaji's The Married Woman In Los Angeles!
- Automobiles Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- Finance Gold Price Fall Not Much A Worry for NBFCs, Banks Need To Be Watchful
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Your friends or family members may notice a few things when you are suffering Low Blood Sugar. Initially they may notice few symptoms like change in behaviour, change in mood, pale face, slurring of speech, unstable gait. Situation may be difficult sometimes to differentiate from drunk. This is often a problem with traffic police; a sugar checking is the only way that time to make sure that you are suffering from a hypo.
What my friends and family do then?
Firstly they need to keep an eye on you. They can give you a drink, may be fruit juice or biscuits and see you for some time till they find you normal and you feel ok. In desperate situation they can give sugar. If they find that you are not a situation to swallow they should take you to local hospital or dispensary for glucose injection.
What should I do when I am ill?
Any stress for example infection may raise your sugar; this is a normal response of the body. In stressful situation checking sugar more often is advisable. You should not stop your medicine without your doctor"s advice because you are ill. Sometimes you may need more Insulin to control your sugar.
What to eat when I am ill?
If you can not manage to take your regular diet best is to replace the calorie with drink and also make sure you do not become dry. If the problem is persisting, it is better to get in touch with your doctor or local hospital.
How do I adjust my tablet when I am not well?
This is very difficult without knowing the blood sugar because everybody"s response to stress is not the same. This is why more frequent tests are necessary when you are not well.
What should I do with my Insulin when I can not eat?
Do not stop Insulin when you can not eat. If you do, your sugar level will go up because of the stress and lack of Insulin. You may develop high sugar coma, which is a serious condition. You should try to take plenty of liquids and try to take some calorie in drinks, as your body needs energy even when your sugar is high. Roughly we tell to take half of the regular dose of Insulin if you can not eat till you are in touch of doctor and checked you sugar.
What about fasting?
This is a very difficult situation, earlier doctors used to advice “no fast, no feast" for people with Diabetes. But days are changing, we need to adjust treatment according to the individuals. Our aim is to prevent a very high sugar or a very low sugar during fasting. During Ramadan fast of the Muslims, we tell to take the tablet with food in the early morning and again in the evening. It is better to consult doctor before such a fast so that plan can be done in advance for the adjustment of treatment.
Fasting for a day can be adjusted in the same principle, better not carry on fasting more than 12 to 16 hours. If your sugar is poorly controlled it is advisable to avoid fasting altogether.